Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Hey all! Just wondering what the general consensus was on this drive ( https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-7200RPM-Hybrid-ST750LX003/dp/B00691WMJG ) and if it was even worth upgrading from my stock 5400 RPM drive. I want to go full SSD but it's just far too expensive at this point in time. Do you think these are a decent substitute in the mean time? Thanks everyone! I'd love to hear from anybody who has this drive, because the reviews online are great, but I want to know what other Mac users think too. Thanks again!

Last edited:

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll be checking those out when I wake up tomorrow, as it's getting late here. Thanks for the help!

triscuitbiscuit

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
I personally would not buy a hybrid at this time. There are issues with Lion and Hybrid drives. I thought I was going mad so I took my computer to the genius bar and we were fiddling with it forever when one of the employees clocked in and confirmed that Lion and hybrids are not exactly compatible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.