Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
This problem has been bothering me for some time. Whenever I scan a document with Image Capture, the document is around 5MB. That is too large to send via email so I was wondering how can I shrink it down to a couple KBs without sacrificing image quality? I tried the "Shrink Image" option and it shrinks the file but quality is terrible.

Any way to shrink PDF file size without sacrificing quality?

Thanks!

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
This problem has been bothering me for some time. Whenever I scan a document with Image Capture, the document is around 5MB. That is too large to send via email so I was wondering how can I shrink it down to a couple KBs without sacrificing image quality? I tried the "Shrink Image" option and it shrinks the file but quality is terrible.

Any way to shrink PDF file size without sacrificing quality?

Thanks!

what are you using to scan the image? is there a setting on there to use a different resolution?

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
does anyone have any insight into this problem? it is driving me nuts

JoseLNazario

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2012
I have the same concern/problem. Currently, I need to use Acrobat Pro 9 and do Reduce File Size... and I am able to reduce the size almost 28x (original file 5.7MB and reduce file 20KB). But... I would like to not have to do this step and achieve it via Image Capture. Anyone has a suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.