Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaredcjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I use iMessage when in the air on the gogo inflight wifi on my iPad 2. I just upgraded to IOS 5.1 and now it seems I can't send messages via iMessage to others with IOS devices like I have in the past. I don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade or if gogo shut down some more ports on this stuff...does anyone have any ideas on what's up?
thanks.
jcj

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
I use iMessage when in the air on the gogo inflight wifi on my iPad 2. I just upgraded to IOS 5.1 and now it seems I can't send messages via iMessage to others with IOS devices like I have in the past. I don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade or if gogo shut down some more ports on this stuff...does anyone have any ideas on what's up?
thanks.
jcj

My iMessage doesn't work either.
Especially when sending a picture.
Worked great until I upgraded to 5.1.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Used to use imessenger on my iPhone 4 when in wifi I would just turn it on and it your work and when not in wifi I would send them as SMS but now messenger will not work on wifi or 3G only SMS work not that big a deal because I have unlimited texting but it is kinda a big deal when I am out of cell phone rang and I only have wifi. I have a friend who has and iPhone and I use it to talk to her when I am in wifi only so it sucks and I been having problems since 5.0.1 but when I was on 5 it ran great any answerers or suggestions would be nice seeing as this is a pain and my friend is not always at her computer to chat using msn or yahoo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.