Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hichisky

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
In just receiving my new MacBook air 11" (A1370) I have noticed a (just slightly annoying) clicky like noise on the back panel. It is about right between the track pad and space bar. It mostly clicks when there is pressure on the back in this area, but can also click from pressure applied on the top between the track pad and the space bar. I looked up some images of the interior, and I think it may be the contact bar that transfers heat to the bottom metal panel.

Nonetheless, I thought I might buy a pentalobe scewdriver as this should be an easy fix?

I saw this one here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2mm-5-Poi...019?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c252092d3

Would this do for removing the panel? I saw some on other websites, but they were going for 10+ which seems a little pricey for me considering I hope to only use it once.

Also, is there an order at which you replace the screws in order to get the correct tension on the panel (I heard there was a pattern/order for the 13" model)?

Thanks!

Hichisky

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
Ok, I ordered it. :) I used paypal. I actually had to use it with this ebay item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.