Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickcordero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I've had my MBA 13" for some 6 months now. Very happy with the machine, but I experience some strange, random freezes that I've need had with any of my other Mac computers the last 10 years.

A couple of times a week, my MBA just freezes. No warning, no nothing. The mouse pointer just freezes and the computer does not respond to anything. Only option is to hold the power button for 3 secs and restart.

These is no system or order in when it freezes. I seems to have nothing to do with what I am doing, and it might even freeze by itself when left alone some time. I also seems to have nothing to do with entering / leaving hibernation.

I've tried the reset smc some time back, but didn't help.

Any suggestions??

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Couple ideas you might try.

First check your console log (Console app in Utilities) for any error messages at the same time the lock up occurred. This can give you some clue what may be causing the problem.

Try a boot into safe mode once, then shut down and start back up. A safe mode start deletes all system cache files and sometimes helps.

Also, boot to Lion Recovery (command-r) and start Disk Utility then run "Repair Disk" to fix any errors on the drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.