PDA

View Full Version : Angry birds space HD

Chelmo
Mar 30, 2012, 09:32 PM
Has anyone got this game on the new iPad? Does it support the retina display resolution?

It is listed by apples featured apps for the new iPad but I can't see it mentioned anywhere on their page that it has retina display graphics .. Would definitely d/l it if it did.. Tried contacting app developers but no response

taedouni
Mar 30, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yes it is. Looks amazing on my iPad.

urkel
Mar 30, 2012, 09:36 PM
I got the iPhone version and amazed at how good it looks at 2x. I won't bother with the HD version.

BTW. What's with Angry Birds not syncing progress through game center? Play level 13-2 on iPhone, continue 13-3 on iPad. They said they would do this last year but never heard about it again.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 30, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I have it too and it looks really nice on the retina display. Plus it's rather fun to play too.

SteveAbootman
Mar 30, 2012, 11:10 PM
I got the iPhone version and amazed at how good it looks at 2x. I won't bother with the HD version.

BTW. What's with Angry Birds not syncing progress through game center? Play level 13-2 on iPhone, continue 13-3 on iPad. They said they would do this last year but never heard about it again.

Until they use iCloud to sync progress, I'm not going to invest in these games.

Also infuriating is their persistence about not publishing a universal version of the game. They can just make the HD version universal, and sell it at the same price point. I'm not going to pay again for the same game just for my iPhone. Doing this allows iPhone only users to continue to pay the magical 99c, and those of us with both devices to buy one copy for 3 bucks.

Gregintosh
Mar 31, 2012, 12:34 AM
Yes, the new angry birds Space is definitely retina enchanced. I have all the angry birds games for my iPad, and there is a big visual difference between this one and the old ones which now look kind of blurry.

I agree about the game saving your progress and syncing it on both your devices. However, I stopped playing angry birds on my phone because the iPad is so much better. If I really need to play a game on my phone to kill time, I now play a bowling game or Tetris.

DS3
Mar 31, 2012, 12:47 AM
I wish there was the option to zoom in more, you are rearlly far out. Though I suppose that really makes the retina resolution more important.

xelaetaks
Mar 31, 2012, 01:08 AM
Heard you have to buy a lot of the levels in the app so I'll prob wait till it's on sale or something. I love Angry Birds but not in app purchases.

squidkitten
Mar 31, 2012, 03:02 AM
it's fun, and it looks beautiful on the retina display.

LadyX
Mar 31, 2012, 03:22 AM
Heard you have to buy a lot of the levels in the app so I'll prob wait till it's on sale or something. I love Angry Birds but not in app purchases.

I'm not a fan of in app purchases as well, though I really like the game.