PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie player for ios: ★RushPlayer★

mstrpeak
Mar 31, 2012, 02:59 AM
Name of Application
RushPlayer

youtube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfbyfR_x408)

What's special:
Hardware decoding mode.
subtitle, audio track switch.
dual core support
and more...

Brief Application Description
the best video player for ios devices, supporting all video formats with fluent playback speed.

Promotional Code for Application
PXEEHRAE9PNL

Brief History of Developer or Development Company
we are new to ios platform, but we have been working on symbian for years with video player too.

Other Applications You’ve Developer
we got another free ios app, RushRadio, which provides thousands of online radios for free.
and mkv2mp4, which is used to convert mkv to mp4 files.

Developer Contact Email
run2rush@gmail.com

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/105/Purple/v4/00/bb/63/00bb632f-86ff-af60-eeac-958ca2ad84b6/mzl.cwzupkoq.320x480-75.jpg

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/117/Purple/v4/93/4b/79/934b797b-3378-4fa2-217f-d07101037c79/mzl.dwnqlbzl.320x480-75.jpg

we provide the best playback speed and user experience, and most of important of all, we are actively developing on it every day, responsive to all user feedback

we are planing to add more features to subtitles support and improve the hardware decoding function.

RushPlayer has been on sale for quite a while. we got many positive feedback on app store, please check below link for screenshots, detailed descriptions and reviews from our users
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rushplayer/id452990487?mt=8

anyone who is interested in this app leave a reply here, i will send it to you if i got any promo code left. thanks!

mstrpeak
Mar 31, 2012, 03:16 AM
get promo codes here: http://iphoneapp-promocodes.com/appinfo-3238.html

mstrpeak
Mar 31, 2012, 07:19 AM
add open in support and retina display for the new pad.

Spiff69
Mar 31, 2012, 09:46 AM
I don't see any codes left on that page, but I'm interested :).

Dukat
Mar 31, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hi,

Could I get a promo code?

Thanks

Laserawesome
Mar 31, 2012, 06:33 PM
Could you send me a promo code please? I'd love to try out this app.

Holoshed
Mar 31, 2012, 06:49 PM
I would like to check it out also, I assume the page linked is out of promo codes though as it says "no codes" on the bottom. I figured I would ask here if you had any more either way.

vjacques
Mar 31, 2012, 07:26 PM
what makes it different to GoodPlayer, BUZZ Player HD and especially AVPlayerHD with EC Player (which supports some sort of hardware decoding too)? would like to try it with the code too though!

mstrpeak
Mar 31, 2012, 09:33 PM
i have sent the left promo codes to people who replied.
the big difference to other media players is that we are much faster ;P
we also provide complete dual core support, also the only player has hardware decoding mode ;P

Bheleu
Mar 31, 2012, 11:58 PM
we also provide complete dual core support, also the only player has hardware decoding mode ;P

Anymore left?

mstrpeak
Apr 1, 2012, 01:22 AM
Anymore left?
new version has been uploaded, we should have 50 more codes in several days:D

IvanX
Apr 1, 2012, 05:40 AM
Some feedback after a moderate amount of usage of v.1.4.3:

Pros:
-- Did not need to convert an MKV into MP4 for smooth playback. It did it out of the box.
-- Wi-Fi uploading works very well
-- Volume boost beyond 100% is a definite plus

Cons:
-- "Documents" should be called "Files"
-- "Setting" should be called "Settings"
-- Having 4 separate buttons on the main menu screen does not utilise the additional screen estate well. My suggestion would be to adopt a tile-based approach with appropriate high-quality icons
-- Grey RushPlayer logo on the main screen is a bit depressing. I would suggest using the app icon as it is more colourful
-- Make all on-off settings to be standard Apple toggles
-- In the "Documents" area, icons should be on a per-file type basis to allow easy distinguishing when there are lots of files
-- "Back" button should be Apple standard one
-- "Gear" icon should be changed to "Edit" button. The former means additional options, but there aren't any
-- When tapping the refresh button (make it look like one), the time stamp in the right corner gets overlayed by playlist button.
-- What does "Use Retina" mean?
-- "Use Gesture" should be "Use Gestures" since there are more than one
-- Backgrounds should be selectable from a user-list of images
-- Exclamation mark menu should be shown directly below instead of splashing in the middle of the screen

I look forward to enhancements in future releases. Keep up the good work! :)

aoaaron
Apr 1, 2012, 06:51 AM
^^

i'd love a promo code plz... love to test this out.

mstrpeak
Apr 1, 2012, 07:40 AM
^^

i'd love a promo code plz... love to test this out.

we have just sent out all our codes, but will get another 50 in several days;P

----------

Thank you for these feedback! will definitely take some of those ;P
Some feedback after a moderate amount of usage of v.1.4.3:

Pros:
-- Did not need to convert an MKV into MP4 for smooth playback. It did it out of the box.
-- Wi-Fi uploading works very well
-- Volume boost beyond 100% is a definite plus

Cons:
-- "Documents" should be called "Files"
-- "Setting" should be called "Settings"
-- Having 4 separate buttons on the main menu screen does not utilise the additional screen estate well. My suggestion would be to adopt a tile-based approach with appropriate high-quality icons
-- Grey RushPlayer logo on the main screen is a bit depressing. I would suggest using the app icon as it is more colourful
-- Make all on-off settings to be standard Apple toggles
-- In the "Documents" area, icons should be on a per-file type basis to allow easy distinguishing when there are lots of files
-- "Back" button should be Apple standard one
-- "Gear" icon should be changed to "Edit" button. The former means additional options, but there aren't any
-- When tapping the refresh button (make it look like one), the time stamp in the right corner gets overlayed by playlist button.
-- What does "Use Retina" mean?
-- "Use Gesture" should be "Use Gestures" since there are more than one
-- Backgrounds should be selectable from a user-list of images
-- Exclamation mark menu should be shown directly below instead of splashing in the middle of the screen

I look forward to enhancements in future releases. Keep up the good work! :)

GoodToGo
Apr 1, 2012, 08:14 AM
Interested in a promo code!

nigelquest
Apr 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
A code would be appreciated when you have more. Thanks!

Bheleu
Apr 1, 2012, 12:21 PM
new version has been uploaded, we should have 50 more codes in several days:D
I thought about it and decided to purchase it, mainly because I like to support developers that get good feedback from forums. Also, I noticed that you needed people to review it as well when you have multiple updates it only shows the most recent feedback for the current version. Hopefully those who got the free promos will at least support you and provide positive feedback, I intend to do so as well whenever I have opportunity to try it out. Thank you again for coming to the forums and letting us know about your unique application, giving us the opportunity to provide suggestions, and most importantly sharing with community, that was very generous of you.

-----
I like the capability to watch foreign television which is included in this app, perhaps for learning a new language. Unfortunately I do not know most of the languages. I would like to be able to edit the names of the channels or add a name field off to the side that I can make my own notes about what that channel shows; otherwise, I have to count down from the top the list especially on the Asian channels. I would also like to put a parental password on a channel, such as Thailand's nice channel, which advertises adult situations. Also you may need to put an adult disclaimer because you are streaming television from various countries and do not have control over what adult content maybe included in their shows. I caution you with this, because Apple may end up pulling your application from the Apple store if it does not have such disclaimers. This is truly a unique application that I am surprised has made it onto the Apple Store, I look forward to seeing what improvements you can make and I hope it never gets removed, but glad I purchased it in case it does. Spotted HBO, Cinemax on one of the Chinese channels, it was in English but had Chinese subtitles. Legally I see no way that Apple will allow this to stay on the Apple store. Get it while you can people. I just wish it had some sort of Internet tether built into it too so it would have all the cool things before it gets removed.

pure3d2
Apr 1, 2012, 12:42 PM
I would also like to test it out. I'm sick of repacking mkv files into mp4 just so the iPad can play them.

udayrulz
Apr 1, 2012, 04:45 PM

Would love an invite mate :)

fhall1
Apr 1, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'd love to get a promo code to try this when you're new batch comes in...thanks in advance

tips
Apr 1, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hello,
I just bought GoodPlayer,
Copied one .mov file through their http link upload to ipad3,
But this did not play.

I want to try the same using RushPlayer,
Please send promocode.
thanks

IvanX
Apr 1, 2012, 06:29 PM
Guys, there is a Lite version available. Not entirely sure of the limitations, but did you try it?

mstrpeak
Apr 1, 2012, 10:38 PM
Yes, there is a lite version for you to try out our app, the performance is close except for the banner ad.
thank you all, i will definitely give everyone in this thread a promo code if you need one!

kvizzel
Apr 1, 2012, 10:45 PM
i'm interested in a promo code!

want to test it on my new ipad. retina!

skidog1111
Apr 1, 2012, 10:47 PM
Promo code please!

mstrpeak
Apr 1, 2012, 11:00 PM
what makes it different to GoodPlayer, BUZZ Player HD and especially AVPlayerHD with EC Player (which supports some sort of hardware decoding too)? would like to try it with the code too though!
we are much faster than those players even using software decoding ;P

pure3d2
Apr 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, there is a lite version for you to try out our app, the performance is close except for the banner ad.
thank you all, i will definitely give everyone in this thread a promo code if you need one!

Definitely looking forward to it! We're committed to helping you improve the app as much as possible.

peelers
Apr 1, 2012, 11:53 PM
I like to give it a shot as well, I'm currently using Goodplayer and it been been pretty good. Like to compare the two so if i could get a promo code to try.

tx

mstrpeak
Apr 2, 2012, 12:31 AM
you are so nice ;p

I thought about it and decided to purchase it, mainly because I like to support developers that get good feedback from forums. Also, I noticed that you needed people to review it as well when you have multiple updates it only shows the most recent feedback for the current version. Hopefully those who got the free promos will at least support you and provide positive feedback, I intend to do so as well whenever I have opportunity to try it out. Thank you again for coming to the forums and letting us know about your unique application, giving us the opportunity to provide suggestions, and most importantly sharing with community, that was very generous of you.

-----
I like the capability to watch foreign television which is included in this app, perhaps for learning a new language. Unfortunately I do not know most of the languages. I would like to be able to edit the names of the channels or add a name field off to the side that I can make my own notes about what that channel shows; otherwise, I have to count down from the top the list especially on the Asian channels. I would also like to put a parental password on a channel, such as Thailand's nice channel, which advertises adult situations. Also you may need to put an adult disclaimer because you are streaming television from various countries and do not have control over what adult content maybe included in their shows. I caution you with this, because Apple may end up pulling your application from the Apple store if it does not have such disclaimers. This is truly a unique application that I am surprised has made it onto the Apple Store, I look forward to seeing what improvements you can make and I hope it never gets removed, but glad I purchased it in case it does. Spotted HBO, Cinemax on one of the Chinese channels, it was in English but had Chinese subtitles. Legally I see no way that Apple will allow this to stay on the Apple store. Get it while you can people. I just wish it had some sort of Internet tether built into it too so it would have all the cool things before it gets removed.

itcomic
Apr 2, 2012, 02:27 AM
may I get a promo code, please ?

if, by hardware decode, you mean the GPU is fully utilized to decode, it would be amazing. I think the video player limitation is that most of them only use CPU to decode. I really wish this will be THE ONE play it all app.

I appreciate that you actually come here to read the feedback.

thank you

IvanX
Apr 2, 2012, 05:02 AM
may I get a promo code, please ?

if, by hardware decode, you mean the GPU is fully utilized to decode, it would be amazing. I think the video player limitation is that most of them only use CPU to decode. I really wish this will be THE ONE play it all app.

I appreciate that you actually come here to read the feedback.

thank you
The limitation of hardware acceleration is imposed by Apple, all apps in the App Store must abide by those rules.

Bheleu
Apr 2, 2012, 07:21 AM
you are so nice ;p
Finally got off the TV and tried the HW WiFi stream. In one word, sweet! Enabled wifi in rush player, switched to Splashtop and connected into my MacBook, went to my ipaddress: port, it was not connecting so I swapped to RP so it would connect in, then I switched back to Splashtop and connected into my computer and selected a file to upload, back to RP and it began sending it. The file transfer went by quickly. After that I played the file and it was in very good quality without any pixelation you may experience when streaming files in other apps.

From that one test I know you cannot connect when RP is in the background but as always the iPad is still very flexible if you are creative. Is there some way you can enable connecting to Wi-Fi while Rush player is in the background?

Also when I was playing with the streaming of the TV I noticed if you hold down on the channels it will actually show you the port and IP addresses of the places it's connecting into. If it uses an Internet standard, it would be nice to be able to enter in addresses of your own to create your own channels. Also if there are legality questions, it would also be easy for any governing bodies to trace these channels because it shows the IP addresses as well. As a note to the developer, the two back buttons are a little too close together and it is easy to hit the wrong one. You may want to expand what it is returning back to, in other words "return to main menu" or "return to TV list" and provide an additional gap between them.

Dukat
Apr 2, 2012, 07:26 AM
The limitation of hardware acceleration is imposed by Apple, all apps in the App Store must abide by those rules.

If that's true, then does Rushplayer not really do hardware decoding?

That would be really cheap on Apple's part to hobble apps to make theirs seem better.

Mimoawi
Apr 2, 2012, 10:00 AM
I would like to have a code to :)

VideoBeagle
Apr 2, 2012, 11:23 AM
Well, if you're handing out Promo codes, then I'd certainly be happy to take one and run Rushplayer thru the tests I've run the other video players through.

Grandmaster B
Apr 2, 2012, 11:55 AM
I would like a promo code too please. GoodPlayer user here looking for something better to recommend to friends.

IvanX
Apr 2, 2012, 01:16 PM
People asking for promo codes: please try the Lite version and provide feedback until the next one comes out.

Bheleu
Apr 2, 2012, 02:00 PM
you are so nice ;p
Do you need any screenshots from iPad 1, 2, or 3 to see how layout may need to change or have you tested it personally on each of them? I have each generation if you need the images.

mstrpeak
Apr 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
Do you need any screenshots from iPad 1, 2, or 3 to see how layout may need to change or have you tested it personally on each of them? I have each generation if you need the images.
absolutely , we need your help to improve our app!

mstrpeak
Apr 2, 2012, 10:14 PM
very nice feedback, the background ability of running the app is limited by apple, they won't allow you to do that by their policy.
the 'return' issue will be fixed as fast as wen can ;P

Finally got off the TV and tried the HW WiFi stream. In one word, sweet! Enabled wifi in rush player, switched to Splashtop and connected into my MacBook, went to my ipaddress: port, it was not connecting so I swapped to RP so it would connect in, then I switched back to Splashtop and connected into my computer and selected a file to upload, back to RP and it began sending it. The file transfer went by quickly. After that I played the file and it was in very good quality without any pixelation you may experience when streaming files in other apps.

From that one test I know you cannot connect when RP is in the background but as always the iPad is still very flexible if you are creative. Is there some way you can enable connecting to Wi-Fi while Rush player is in the background?

Also when I was playing with the streaming of the TV I noticed if you hold down on the channels it will actually show you the port and IP addresses of the places it's connecting into. If it uses an Internet standard, it would be nice to be able to enter in addresses of your own to create your own channels. Also if there are legality questions, it would also be easy for any governing bodies to trace these channels because it shows the IP addresses as well. As a note to the developer, the two back buttons are a little too close together and it is easy to hit the wrong one. You may want to expand what it is returning back to, in other words "return to main menu" or "return to TV list" and provide an additional gap between them.

----------

TO people who are interested in hardware accelerating.

it's true apple does not allow to use their api to enable HW. what rushplayer does now is use a background thread to do the converting, allow you to play it during converting, resulting about shuttering every about 20 seconds, we are finding a way to improve this.

Bheleu
Apr 2, 2012, 11:20 PM
absolutely , we need your help to improve our app!
I sent the ones from the iPad 3 to your gmail account. The iPad 1/2 will be identical to one another, and I may do that tomorrow.

As a note to those waiting, he has file management built into the app. You can create folders for organization of video, can rename it, and delete files if need be (something Apple forgets, ie. iPhoto & Journals). Also on file playback you can double tap to zoom into the video. I did not see a way to pan around a zoomed screen though, might be something to add? Oh and he did something cool I never seen before, you can choose to mute right or left audio channels. Another cool thing he did is integrate gestures into the app, uncertain why you would want to mute a single channel though. You can slide up or down to adjust volume as low as 2% adjustment resolution. You can slide left or right to fast forward or rewind a file.

Question for the developer, are you able to find a way to record streams from the TV side of the application? That would be a nice feature if they could be recorded and added to the files in the documents section of the app even if you had to give it an initial sequential file name by default.

Also TV streaming onto an AppleTV only sends audio, no video. The work around I figured out is mirroring the iPad, then entering the application (mirroring only came about after the 2nd generation iPad, iPad 1 users are out of luck here). Video plays back on both the iPad as well as the AppleTV, but at least audio mutes on the iPad and comes through on the AppleTV. I only have the second generation of the AppleTV to test with though. I did not try playing back video from RP to the AppleTV to see if it acted any differently.

G0rd0n1988
Apr 3, 2012, 01:29 AM
I'd would like to have a promo code

mstrpeak
Apr 3, 2012, 06:22 AM
recording stream video is on our list, not something hard to implement, we may add it in the near future ;P

I sent the ones from the iPad 3 to your gmail account. The iPad 1/2 will be identical to one another, and I may do that tomorrow.

As a note to those waiting, he has file management built into the app. You can create folders for organization of video, can rename it, and delete files if need be (something Apple forgets, ie. iPhoto & Journals). Also on file playback you can double tap to zoom into the video. I did not see a way to pan around a zoomed screen though, might be something to add? Oh and he did something cool I never seen before, you can choose to mute right or left audio channels. Another cool thing he did is integrate gestures into the app, uncertain why you would want to mute a single channel though. You can slide up or down to adjust volume as low as 2% adjustment resolution. You can slide left or right to fast forward or rewind a file.

Question for the developer, are you able to find a way to record streams from the TV side of the application? That would be a nice feature if they could be recorded and added to the files in the documents section of the app even if you had to give it an initial sequential file name by default.

Also TV streaming onto an AppleTV only sends audio, no video. The work around I figured out is mirroring the iPad, then entering the application (mirroring only came about after the 2nd generation iPad, iPad 1 users are out of luck here). Video plays back on both the iPad as well as the AppleTV, but at least audio mutes on the iPad and comes through on the AppleTV. I only have the second generation of the AppleTV to test with though. I did not try playing back video from RP to the AppleTV to see if it acted any differently.

QClimber
Apr 3, 2012, 07:00 AM
Could I get a promo code, please?

aoaaron
Apr 3, 2012, 07:14 AM
How does your performance compare to ec player (easily the best playback wise because of its buffering feature before playing a file) ?

mstrpeak
Apr 3, 2012, 08:41 AM
we have the same buffering thing as ec player, but software decoding is much faster. we have done our comparison. ;P
How does your performance compare to ec player (easily the best playback wise because of its buffering feature before playing a file) ?

vjacques
Apr 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
resulting about shuttering every about 20 seconds, we are finding a way to improve this.

yes, the stuttering issue every 20 seconds or so is the biggest drawback so far.

mstrpeak
Apr 3, 2012, 09:32 AM
yes, the stuttering issue every 20 seconds or so is the biggest drawback so far.

we recommend using software decoding for most videos since the performance is good enough.

Seige
Apr 3, 2012, 10:48 AM
I would be interested in a promo code, as well. I am using a combination of Goodplayer and AVPlayer atm and I am not completely happy with either.

Cheers

Bheleu
Apr 3, 2012, 11:26 AM
LOL, I paid the $3 and am giving feedback, and I see few people trying lite and providing any feedback but are eager for a free App. Here is some feedback to dev: Offer the promos to those who have tried lite, and provided some feedback, or those who really will use the full version to post a review (based on prior reviews on other Apps). At least then people will know what they are asking for, or if they will use it. Keeps you from waisting 50 promos. Not jealous in the least that some will get it for free, but want to see you get something in exchange for $150 worth of promos. Thanks for the hard work, eager to see more features that make this into a truly extraordinary App.

kgian
Apr 3, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'll get my ipad 3 tomorrow and try the lite version. The killer feature for me is local samba streaming from NAS (including subtitles). I don't know if your player has it but I believe it is very important.

Dukat
Apr 3, 2012, 05:47 PM
I tried the lite version.

Played the same file on GoodPlayer and RushPlayer. (4gig mkv).

GoodPlayer played it very smooth. RushPlayer played it well, but there were very brief stutters now and then.

mstrpeak
Apr 3, 2012, 09:30 PM
are you using software decoding?
we have tested dozens of videos against goodplayer, all faster obviously.

I tried the lite version.

Played the same file on GoodPlayer and RushPlayer. (4gig mkv).

GoodPlayer played it very smooth. RushPlayer played it well, but there were very brief stutters now and then.

Dex4788
Apr 3, 2012, 10:50 PM
I think it was one of GoodPlayer's devs that said something to the effect that iOS was limiting taking advantage of the new iPad's hardware improvements. As such, it wasn't able to provide any performance increase over the iPad 2.

May I ask what your take on that is, since presumably there's a way around that? I too am vastly disappointed so far with the current video players when it comes to 1080p mkv. If you've got any promo codes left, I'd love to test it out and see for myself.

Thanks for your time.

Holoshed
Apr 4, 2012, 12:46 AM
I have tested out this app and to be honest, it works quite well for me and I have no complaints. I am no expert on videos on mobile devices but I did download some straight from rar avi files and they played with no lag and no issues.

To me this was great because it solved the problem of me not having to convert them.

I have played with the basic features of the app and it is something I would recommend to anyone who wanted a clean interface, streamlined video application.

The developer cares about it obviously, and that is something that makes me love it even more. Something that is a labor of love will always be more worth using for me.

Yggbert
Apr 4, 2012, 01:06 AM
Can I have a code too please? Very eager to try the network streaming. :)

IvanX
Apr 4, 2012, 02:11 AM
I too am vastly disappointed so far with the current video players when it comes to 1080p mkv.Don't be disappointed in the players, be disappointed in Apple. It is them who are limiting what software can do on their iOS platform and hardware. They, of course, would rather have you buy those 1080p movies from iTunes, which are played much better. No surprise since they skewed the ecosystem that way.

KEITH66
Apr 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
Can I have a promo code too? Thanks

nagual
Apr 4, 2012, 04:12 PM
Would like to get a promo code, please?

sharkbait006
Apr 4, 2012, 05:56 PM
Would like the promo code too! I just bought goodplayer and wouldn't mind comparing and reviewing both.

Old Smuggler
Apr 4, 2012, 05:59 PM
second that

Breece
Apr 4, 2012, 06:02 PM
Well I would have loved to try the lite versions but
a) it said its only available in the US
b) changed market and its still not available..

well would have liked to compare some videos (non HD mkvs) to goodplayer, cause I am having problems with them..
Where is the lite version? Would love to give some feedback, then purchase if it works :)

mstrpeak
Apr 4, 2012, 09:37 PM
i just hope i got more promo codes to share with you guys ;P

i can assure you rushplayer is much faster than goodplayer

bslick
Apr 4, 2012, 11:54 PM
Would like to get a promo code as well, thanks! :)

ImperialX
Apr 5, 2012, 01:14 AM
I thought Apple didn't allow hardware decoding? If this works then this is phenomenal. Can I please have a promo code?

woahhi
Apr 5, 2012, 01:14 AM
Could I get a code as well :)?

Breece
Apr 5, 2012, 04:43 AM
i just hope i got more promo codes to share with you guys ;P

i can assure you rushplayer is much faster than goodplayer

I dont need a promo Code,but why isnt the lite Version available :( i am more than happy to pay for a product if it works...

IvanX
Apr 5, 2012, 05:00 AM
Lite version was previously available. The developer should comment why it is no longer in the App Store.

aoaaron
Apr 5, 2012, 05:56 AM
yeah can't find the lite version.

also does this support anime mkv files with styled subtitles? I'm having big troubles with them on AVplayerHD... would pay if u had support for them 100% and the anime community would probably invest too.

e.g. one piece from yibis episode 400 or whatever.

Breece
Apr 5, 2012, 05:56 AM
Lite version was previously available. The developer should comment why it is no longer in the App Store.

Second that!

PPSH-41
Apr 5, 2012, 06:25 AM
Second that!

Same here, I do not see the lite version.

BTW, in the app store for the paid version of RushPlayer, you have some text duplicated on the info page.

You have the complete paragraph starting with "Thereafter, you can watch..." twice. :)

Bheleu
Apr 5, 2012, 04:06 PM
TV Streaming was removed... I do not know if this was intentional to remove it... Also Radio channels were too.

Settings can now be adjusted, there are backgrounds you can select as well.

Lite version is available again, thinking of getting it to see if streaming is in it...

Lite version does not have streaming built in either.

Deleted RP off my iPad, Synched my wife's iPad which had the old version to laptop, Synched old version back to mine and I have TV back. Would like to know if TV is coming back in a future update. Thanks..

mstrpeak
Apr 5, 2012, 09:56 PM
please try the latest version again, we have added it back ;P

TV Streaming was removed... I do not know if this was intentional to remove it... Also Radio channels were too.

Settings can now be adjusted, there are backgrounds you can select as well.

Lite version is available again, thinking of getting it to see if streaming is in it...

Lite version does not have streaming built in either.

Deleted RP off my iPad, Synched my wife's iPad which had the old version to laptop, Synched old version back to mine and I have TV back. Would like to know if TV is coming back in a future update. Thanks..

mstrpeak
Apr 5, 2012, 10:14 PM
New Promo codes arrived! people who need one just send me private messages!

toyanucci
Apr 6, 2012, 12:39 AM
New Promo codes arrived! people who need one just send me private messages!

:D

I'll be pm'ing you!

----------

Same here, I do not see the lite version.

BTW, in the app store for the paid version of RushPlayer, you have some text duplicated on the info page.

You have the complete paragraph starting with "Thereafter, you can watch..." twice. :)

It's there now

kvizzel
Apr 6, 2012, 12:54 AM
Thank you!!! Pretty awesome, plays my HD videos fine, and I like how you can upload over WiFi.

it was pretty quick too!

loving it so far, thanks. definitely buying it to support.

mstrpeak
Apr 6, 2012, 12:59 AM
Thank you!!! Pretty awesome, plays my HD videos fine, and I like how you can upload over WiFi.

it was pretty quick too!

loving it so far, thanks. definitely buying it to support.

glad to know you like it, always feel free to give any feedback, we are active ;P

chappelle
Apr 6, 2012, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the software. I tried out rushplayer lite and it played all of my files flawlessly. Would love to get a promo code as well. Thanks in advance! Great work.

ElCidRo
Apr 6, 2012, 02:27 AM
Are there any promo codes left?
I will leave feedback on the appstore :D

KEITH66
Apr 6, 2012, 04:50 AM
Can I have a promo code too ? Thanks

glad to know you like it, always feel free to give any feedback, we are active ;P

xxRONNIExx
Apr 6, 2012, 06:44 AM
Anymoe codes left?? :)

bslick
Apr 6, 2012, 08:58 AM
Can I get a promo code as well? Thanks.

Denisoftus
Apr 6, 2012, 09:17 AM
I'd like the promo code if any left. Would be good to compare with avplayerhd which is quite slow playing 1080p

aoaaron
Apr 6, 2012, 10:48 AM
I just want to ask again is it possible for you guys to offer proper subtitle decoding from SSAs of mkvs with the styling the fansubbers/encoded intended?

g3mozz
Apr 6, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hey, I would be thankful for a Promo Code :)

Cheers, g3mozz

Breece
Apr 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
So anyway..how does one send a pm ? In the macrumors guide it says one has to have 5 posts, but I dont see that option oO Weird weird..

@Thread
I will give the lite version a spin!

Rack0
Apr 6, 2012, 03:33 PM
Can I get a promo code? Thanks!

nagual
Apr 6, 2012, 07:10 PM
mstrpeak, Would like to get a promo code. Thanks!

btrav13
Apr 6, 2012, 11:09 PM
I haven't tried putting any of my own videos in yet, I was really interested in the streaming functionality. Instead of begging a promo, I spent the $3 last night. Sat down tonight to mess with it and I either get stuck in an endless loop of loading the tv station or the app just crashes.

I hopped back on here to read the rest of the thread to see if anyone else was having this same issue and I see someone said streaming was removed in an update. So I paid $3 for nothing, essentially. Huge waste of money.

For the person who said tv was removed...do you still see "tv" listed and can go into the countries or is it not even an option anymore?

Devs...why not warn us before removing a large chunk of the functionality...either that or fix this, it's frustrating and I'm inches from leaving negative feedback.

RabidWolve
Apr 7, 2012, 12:34 AM
mstrpeak

Would like to try this out. :apple:

Can I please have a promo code. :)

cu2011
Apr 7, 2012, 01:04 AM
can I please have a Promo Code

Thanks bud

vlvh
Apr 7, 2012, 06:33 AM
I could use a promo code too if you still have some available.

Bheleu
Apr 7, 2012, 02:08 PM
please try the latest version again, we have added it back ;P

Updated again, and it's back... Thanks! Also is iOS 32-bit? I tried moving a 5.6GB file over and it capped at 2GB in RP?

mstrpeak
Apr 8, 2012, 12:04 AM
The TV is always there, we will never remove it.
the reason why it disappears sometimes for a short while is because Apple does not allow tv resources to be put there. so in review stage, we will remove it for several hours just to escape notice from apple's review team.

if you try it now, tv should be there.

I haven't tried putting any of my own videos in yet, I was really interested in the streaming functionality. Instead of begging a promo, I spent the $3 last night. Sat down tonight to mess with it and I either get stuck in an endless loop of loading the tv station or the app just crashes.

I hopped back on here to read the rest of the thread to see if anyone else was having this same issue and I see someone said streaming was removed in an update. So I paid $3 for nothing, essentially. Huge waste of money.

For the person who said tv was removed...do you still see "tv" listed and can go into the countries or is it not even an option anymore?

Devs...why not warn us before removing a large chunk of the functionality...either that or fix this, it's frustrating and I'm inches from leaving negative feedback.

----------

I just want to ask again is it possible for you guys to offer proper subtitle decoding from SSAs of mkvs with the styling the fansubbers/encoded intended?

it's on our list, but need time ;p

GordonHo
Apr 8, 2012, 01:37 AM
if you happen to have another promo code i'd like to test rushplayer against ecplayer.

cheers, gordon

mstrpeak
Apr 8, 2012, 10:47 PM
if you happen to have another promo code i'd like to test rushplayer against ecplayer.

cheers, gordon

pm me if u need one ;P

Breece
Apr 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Ok some feedback from me :)
One file that wasnt in sync with GoodPlayer (480p mkv) works with the RushPlayer. HW encoding doesnt work, it prerenders for 30-60 seconds then FCs...
I wanted to try 720p/1080p files but the ones I got all have 5.1 (DTS) sound which the RushPlayer is not able to downsample to Stereo.. This results in high sped up sound / video :(

davidhood
Apr 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
I'd like to get a promo code for this. I'm currently using avplayer HD and oplayer HD and I'd like to see how it compares.

I was going to send a PM but I don't see an option to PM on this forum. Either is not available or I'm just really dumb.

thanks
davidhoodmail at gmail.

mstrpeak
Apr 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
I'd like to get a promo code for this. I'm currently using avplayer HD and oplayer HD and I'd like to see how it compares.

I was going to send a PM but I don't see an option to PM on this forum. Either is not available or I'm just really dumb.

thanks
davidhoodmail at gmail.

how can i send it to you if you don't know how to use PM

V23
Apr 12, 2012, 01:44 AM
Nevermind.

davidhood
Apr 12, 2012, 07:44 AM
Can you email davidhoodmail at gmail.com

Apparently there's some switch on the forum that needs to be tripped before I can send Private Messages. I don't know it it happens automatically or if a moderator has to do it.

how can i send it to you if you don't know how to use PM

orlandocano
Apr 12, 2012, 08:23 AM
I would love a promo code! already PM'd the OP but I felt like posting it on here as well in case you check the threads before checking your inbox! thank you! would love to try your app =)

fhall1
Apr 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
Can you email davidhoodmail at gmail.com

Apparently there's some switch on the forum that needs to be tripped before I can send Private Messages. I don't know it it happens automatically or if a moderator has to do it.

read the FAQ:

Before you can send a Private Message or email to another forum member, these conditions must apply:

1.You must have a post count of at least 5, as shown in your user profile.
2.You must have been a forum member at least one day.
3.The recipient must have enabled receipt of Private Messages or email in their User Options. The options are named Enable Private Messaging and Receive Email from Other Members.

mstrpeak
Apr 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
version 1.4.5 will add upnp support ;)

aoaaron
Apr 15, 2012, 07:29 AM
i compared playback of a 2.4GB game of thrones mkv on this vs. avplayer and avplayer HD was way better FYI.

EC player kind of edged AVplayerHD.

tested stylised subtitles too from anime MKVs and subs were rendered (probably better than AVplayerHD which misses certain subs) but no styling which is a big negative.

SOULENERGY1976
Apr 15, 2012, 10:39 PM
version 1.4.5 will add upnp support ;)

Dear mstrpeak; I did tried the LITE version and I really found what I was looking for with this APP for video playing. Very friendly easy to use, easy folder creation, easy drag and drop, and very fast, but after creating two (2) folders (containing more than 8 videos each) in less than one (1) hour, this is the message that I got from the RushPlayer File Management (site for uploading videos via Wi-Fi), please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
¡######! Google Chrome cannot set a connection with the web site………192.168.40.###:####. any longer.
Will this happen with the paid version as well?, please advice…..

mstrpeak
Apr 16, 2012, 06:43 AM
Dear mstrpeak; I did tried the LITE version and I really found what I was looking for with this APP for video playing. Very friendly easy to use, easy folder creation, easy drag and drop, and very fast, but after creating two (2) folders (containing more than 8 videos each) in less than one (1) hour, this is the message that I got from the RushPlayer File Management (site for uploading videos via Wi-Fi), please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
¡######! Google Chrome cannot set a connection with the web site………192.168.40.###:####. any longer.
Will this happen with the paid version as well?, please advice…..

this is not expected behavior. if the paid version still has this problem, we can have immediate fix.

SOULENERGY1976
Apr 17, 2012, 08:07 AM
this is not expected behavior. if the paid version still has this problem, we can have immediate fix.

Great, then will buy your product, and if this error ocurrs, i hope to get inmidiate support.

mstrpeak
Apr 17, 2012, 09:10 AM
Great, then will buy your product, and if this error ocurrs, i hope to get inmidiate support.

any problem, just send an email to run2rush@gmail.com. we are always there.

SOULENERGY1976
Apr 17, 2012, 10:59 PM
any problem, just send an email to run2rush@gmail.com. We are always there.

it happened again with my paid app!!!, please fix it!!

Iskios
Apr 19, 2012, 08:49 AM
anymore promo codes left? TIA

mstrpeak
Apr 24, 2012, 12:48 AM
anymore promo codes left? TIA

email us for promo codes ;P

Dex4788
Apr 24, 2012, 02:19 AM
Turning on HW acceleration plays video pretty smoothly on 720p videos, but every 15-20 seconds or so the playback (both audio and video) stutters for a split second before returning to normal. It seems like it's trying to catch up with rendering during that short moment. Is that normal? Because that's a dealbreaker for me. :(

Iskios
Apr 25, 2012, 07:00 AM

mail sent, TIA!

IvanX
Apr 27, 2012, 01:10 PM
The new update seems to have made playback of 720p HD MP4 files worse, nowhere near as smooth as before. Have you noticed that?

mstrpeak
Apr 27, 2012, 11:44 PM
The new update seems to have made playback of 720p HD MP4 files worse, nowhere near as smooth as before. Have you noticed that?

1.4.7 is in review fixing for this

note235
Apr 29, 2012, 12:37 PM

sent also!

Schnellpanzer
Apr 30, 2012, 09:20 AM
sent also!

Done!

IvanX
Apr 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
1.4.7 is in review fixing for this
1.4.6 seems have improved things a lot, thanks guys!

kreach
May 1, 2012, 02:45 AM
It would be nice to have the feature of a custom zoom. i.e. pinch out till you get the desire zoom level on the movie player...

I wonder if this is possible?

IvanX
May 2, 2012, 04:09 PM
I noticed that in an earlier build it was possible to boost the volume beyond 100% when using headphones, but not any more. Why?

Menneisyys2
May 2, 2012, 04:16 PM
I noticed that in an earlier build it was possible to boost the volume beyond 100% when using headphones, but not any more. Why?

Yup, it's not present in either RP or RP+ (the Cydia version). Why was it removed? Audio boosting is a godsend on the comparatively quiet iOS devices!

GameT42
May 3, 2012, 11:49 AM
Guys, I am new here and to the iPhone system
I didn't brought any video app yet, just test it this RushPlayer Lite version on my 4S (thx for letting us test it before buying)

I put one of my anime MKV 720p and did not run so well, the settings says it is already using hardware decoding

Id like to now if the paid version will run better or if there is another app that can run better this animes of mine (which has soft sub)

GameT42
May 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
1, you either jailbreak and use XBMC or RushPlayer+ OR remux your stuff with, preferably, Subler (see http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/watching-videos-taken-max-roundup-mkv-mp4m4v-video-converters ).

2, if none of the above can be done, EC Player ( http://itunes.apple.com/app/ec-player/id442154538?mt=8 ) is slightly better: it "only" freezes the picture for about half a second every 11 seconds and not darkens it completely. However, it's not as good as native JB apps or remuxing, either.

3, are those soft subs animated (that is, ASS) subs? If yes, then, you ABSOLUTELY must JB and use XBMC. The only alternative is remuxing and using HD Player Pro ( http://itunes.apple.com/app/hd-player-pro/id429610228?mt=8 4.0 ), the currently only AppStore app with flawless ASS support.

EDIT: also see my prev post just above yours: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14802735&postcount=121

Oh, thx for the fast reply!
Luckly my animes doesn't uses animated subs, I don't want to JB my iPhone for now (it is new, don't want problems so soon)
I tested another 720p MKV anime just a little smaller and the stuttering is almost over, sure better than freezing the screen every 10sec which could be really annoying...

I don't have a MacOS to use Subler, do you know something close for PC?
Also, what that Step Value does?

Thx again

Menneisyys2
May 3, 2012, 03:33 PM
Oh, thx for the fast reply!
Luckly my animes doesn't uses animated subs, I don't want to JB my iPhone for now (it is new, don't want problems so soon)

Jailbreaking is, generally, safe.

I tested another 720p MKV anime just a little smaller and the stuttering is almost over, sure better than freezing the screen every 10sec which could be really annoying...

It really is.

I don't have a MacOS to use Subler, do you know something close for PC?

Yeah... http://sourceforge.net/projects/mkvavi2mp4/ . Many love it. (I haven't tested it personally myself so I can't directly compare its speed, capabilities etc. to those of Subler. I try not to use Windows.)

Also, what that Step Value does?

Dunno. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the frequency of pauses. Let's wait for the dev to explain it.

woriykh
May 4, 2012, 08:00 AM
Hi,

Could I get a promo code?

Thanks

IvanX
May 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
1.5 is out with better support for dual-core devices. That said, still no volume boost beyond 100% when using headphones.

wadjj
May 11, 2012, 07:36 AM
Any chance for a promo code?
Really wanna try it but I already bought two media players and got disappointed twice...
jay.mcwong # gmail.com
Thank you!

Menneisyys2
May 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
Any chance for a promo code?
Really wanna try it but I already bought two media players and got disappointed twice...
jay.mcwong # gmail.com
Thank you!

Just curious: what players did disappoint you and in what area (playing back what kind of video files)? Knowing this, I can tell you for sure whether RushPlayer is going to disappoint you or not.

wadjj
May 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
Just curious: what players did disappoint you and in what area (playing back what kind of video files)? Knowing this, I can tell you for sure whether RushPlayer is going to disappoint you or not.

Thank you for the help.

I'm not gonna tell the names, cuz I don't have the mood for argument with some crazy fan that comes from nowhere (trust me, I met enough).

Anyway,for those two, one sucks in 720P MKV(I haven't double checked but I think it's MP4+AAC?), one sucks in 720P RMVB, in average/common data rate(I downloaded them from movie sharing forums, not some HD maniac forum), and they both play the other filetype pretty well, though I'm not perfectly satisfied with the one that plays rmvb well.

So, to put it simple, I wanna know if Rushplayer can play both 720P MKV and 720P RMVB pretty well, or plays 720P RMVB as good as PC does?

Before I have done enough research, I'm very reluctant to throw in extra dollars, I already bought two and there're even plenty of free players that can play at least one of them to a tolerable extent.

Also, I tried Rushplayer lite on the livestream (TV channels) and the connection is not quite stable (while my broadband is), I wonder is there any difference on that between paid version and lite version?

Menneisyys2
May 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
Thank you for the help.

I'm not gonna tell the names, cuz I don't have the mood for argument with some crazy fan that comes from nowhere (trust me, I met enough).

Anyway,for those two, one sucks in 720P MKV(I haven't double checked but I think it's MP4+AAC?), one sucks in 720P RMVB, in average/common data rate(I downloaded them from movie sharing forums, not some HD maniac forum), and they both play the other filetype pretty well, though I'm not perfectly satisfied with the one that plays rmvb well.

So, to put it simple, I wanna know if Rushplayer can play both 720P MKV and 720P RMVB pretty well, or plays 720P RMVB as good as PC does?

Before I have done enough research, I'm very reluctant to throw in extra dollars, I already bought two and there're even plenty of free players that can play at least one of them to a tolerable extent.

Also, I tried Rushplayer lite on the livestream (TV channels) and the connection is not quite stable (while my broadband is), I wonder is there any difference on that between paid version and lite version?

1. If you aren't jailbroken (read: can use either RushPlayer+ or XBMC), it's better to forget playing back MKV's entirely. If you do find a player that plays them back perfectly (GoodPlayer, generally, plays back most 720p content on the iPad 2/3 OK, but this doesn't mean it'll play ALL 720p files just fine), you'll still have a much worse battery life because of the very high CPU usage.

2. why don't you remux the MKV's to standard MOV / MP4 / M4V files? If you have a Mac, Subler works just great and is very easy to operate. And it's VERY fast. Most players (incl. the stock Movies) play back these files just fine.

3. I'll be able to elaborate on the RMVB compatibility very soon.

All in all, unless you ABSOLUTELY must use MKV's and in no way have time to remux them into M4V's, I can't recommend you anything. Usable MKV players only exist on jailbroken devices.

This MAY change in the near future, though. The latest beta of "It's Playing" plays back MKV files almost flawlessly. It's, however, not available in the AppStore yet - the currently available one is pretty bad and in no way recommended.

wadjj
May 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
1. If you aren't jailbroken (read: can use either RushPlayer+ or XBMC), it's better to forget playing back MKV's entirely. If you do find a player that plays them back perfectly (GoodPlayer, generally, plays back most 720p content on the iPad 2/3 OK, but this doesn't mean it'll play ALL 720p files just fine), you'll still have a much worse battery life because of the very high CPU usage.

2. why don't you remux the MKV's to standard MOV / MP4 / M4V files? If you have a Mac, Subler works just great and is very easy to operate. And it's VERY fast. Most players (incl. the stock Movies) play back these files just fine.

3. I'll be able to elaborate on the RMVB compatibility very soon.

All in all, unless you ABSOLUTELY must use MKV's and in no way have time to remux them into M4V's, I can't recommend you anything. Usable MKV players only exist on jailbroken devices.

This MAY change in the near future, though. The latest beta of "It's Playing" plays back MKV files almost flawlessly. It's, however, not available in the AppStore yet - the currently available one is pretty bad and in no way recommended.

Thank you for your time, I do have time for remuxing (and rushplayer team even wrote a program to do it on ipad, haven't tried it though). It's just that I'm an advocate of the "it just works" philosophy :), I'd rather grab my laptop to bed in that situation(it has a nine-cell battery, enough for two full-length blockbuster movies). Since pod2g just announced the exploit also works for 5.1.1, I'll probably just wait a few weeks and buy myself a few chocolate bars instead of any in-appstore media players:) . I've heard of XBMC, a friend with jailbroken devices told me it is a no brainer. Might give rushplayer+ a try though, if the TV live stream can work stably.

GameT42
May 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
Is it possible to make the player read subtitles .srt
Put the same name file didn't work it

Also, thx for the .99 promo!

firemedicmark
May 14, 2012, 03:50 PM
wow, awesome movie player thanks!

Menneisyys2
May 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
Thank you for your time, I do have time for remuxing (and rushplayer team even wrote a program to do it on ipad, haven't tried it though)

Unfortunately, it isn't very good. (Have thoroughly tested it.) In order to avoid linking to my blog (=self-promotion), let me copy the entire section from my original article elaborating on the converter:

Mkv2mp4

I've also thoroughly tested “Mkv2mp4” from the same developer as that of RushPlayer. Unfortunately, I in no way can recommend it. It could only remux only one (h264_720p_mp_3.1_3mbps_aac_shrinkage.mkv) of the numerous test MKV videos (I use all the standardized test MKV videos accessible HERE): one that already had AAC audio (and no subtitles). The other test videos resulted in the following:

264_1080p_hp_4.1_40mbps_birds.mkv (no audio!): progress indicator quickly flashes but the app doesn't, then, convert
vc1_1080p_ap_l3_18mbps_ac3_hddvd.mkv: nothing happens
h264_1080p_hp_4.1_10mbps_dts_unstyled_subs_monsters.mkv : stays at 0%
h264_720p_hp_5.1_3mbps_vorbis_styled_and_unstyled_subs_suzumiya.mkv : stays at 0%
xvid_480p_as_l5_1mbps_he-aac_foreign_subs_matrix.mkv: nothing happens
h264_720p_hp_3.1_600kbps_aac_mp3_dual_audio_harry_potter: -. The first audio track is converted to static noise; the second results in a crash at either transcoding or playing time. (The resulting file of the second is useless)
h264_720p_hp_5.1_6mbps_ac3_unstyled_subs_planet.mkv: stays at 0%

Note that almost every of them could be reliably converted (along with subtitle migration) with the desktop-side conversion tools.

All in all, stay away from Mkv2mp4, at least for the time being. It's just plain incompatible with a lot of audio / subtitle formats, unlike the desktop (de)muxer tools (avidemux for MKV -> MP4 conversion and audio recoding; iMkvExtract + Subler (+ Jubler) for subtitle migration).

mstrpeak
Jun 13, 2012, 09:41 PM
We have used new UI design for the new version. :P

mstrpeak
Jul 5, 2012, 08:36 AM
more promo codes available!

arcaderat200
Jul 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
Can I have a promotion code too? Thanks

arcaderat200
Jul 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
Can I have a promo code?

gazzer82
Jul 12, 2012, 04:45 AM
I would like one too please if you still have any left?

buchowski
Jul 17, 2012, 07:03 AM
I am confused, I downloaded this app from Cydia but didn't have to pay $3. Have I got the full version because it won't play anything over upnp apart from .divx and even then it doesn't work properly?

buchowski
Jul 17, 2012, 09:37 AM
1. In my UPnP tests, RP worked just fine with MP4 / MOV etc. files (even offering HW playback with them), together with Majestic Media Server 1.1.4. What UPnP server do you have? It might be the problem...

2. As has been also explained at http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/multimedia-player-rushplayer-updated-quick-change-review , RP+ has some sort of an IAP for enabling menu features. (Personally, I heavily dislike IAP. I prefer paying for the apps I plan to purchase upfront to avoid losing IAP if the dev goes out of business.) This is why you didn't need to pay.

I am using XBMC with Windows 7 as the upnp server.

I also manged to get an .avi file to work but all other formats attempt to play then the screen shows a large blue musical note and I'm returned the last directory.

Quotenfrau
Jul 17, 2012, 01:57 PM
sadly not free as in free beer :p

Menneisyys2
Jul 18, 2012, 06:05 AM
I am using XBMC with Windows 7 as the upnp server.

I also manged to get an .avi file to work but all other formats attempt to play then the screen shows a large blue musical note and I'm returned the last directory.

Prolly an incompatibility issue. What other UPnP-capable iOS players have you tried? GoodPlayer?

----------

sadly not free as in free beer :p

The Cydia version IS free unless you need menus.

robo456
Jul 31, 2012, 11:30 AM
Currently using GoodPlayer, but would like to try this one out... Any promocodes left by any chance?

Thanks!

--rob

Beherith
Aug 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
I use VM Player - supports a lot of video and audio formats and direct playing from network shares.
Moreover they promise smb file uploading and playing music directly from iTunes library in the upcoming 1.7 update.

Menneisyys2
Aug 14, 2012, 08:01 AM
I use VM Player - supports a lot of video and audio formats and direct playing from network shares.
Moreover they promise smb file uploading and playing music directly from iTunes library in the upcoming 1.7 update.

1, are you working for Velestar Private Enterprise? You have four posts; every single of them recommends a product of them (VM Player and vSSH). You should at least post a quick remark like "I know I may be biased but..."

2, I do NOT recommend VM Player. Theoretically, it's a nice app but, in practice, both the video decoders and the streaming module have a LOT to be desired. For example, its SMB compatibility is far worse than that of GoodPlayer / XBMC - it didn't work with my password-protected OS X share. (GoodPlayer worked just fine.) Its UPnP support is also pretty bad - it showsjJust a dark screen when streaming (downloading works). After switching to SW decoding, it works. GoodPlayer works just fine in streamed, HW-accelerated mode under exactly the same circumstances.

HDtrober
Aug 16, 2012, 12:49 PM

Promo code please! :D

peaz
Sep 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
any more promo codes?

TerriPJohansson
Sep 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
Promo code please!

The Goz
Oct 1, 2012, 12:13 PM
One thing I don't like about Rushplayer is that you can access ALL of your system files from its "Files" menu. This can be dangerous, confusing and it kind of unnecessary when we just want it to play videos or music files. It would be much better if it had a dedicated, locked "media" folder like AVplayer instead of giving you access to your entire system's file tree. If nothing else, there should be an option to hide system files that we have no use for in this application.

Also, I hope in future updates the graphical interface can be improved like the radio. I hope the radio can look more like Tunein Radio, which I think is the best radio app out there.

So in closing, these are what I think need improving:

1. Do not give access to all system files through the "Files" menu. Instead, have it go to a dedicated, locked "Media" folder that consolidates all video and music files on the system like AVplayer.

2. Improve the graphical interface of the radio and TV apps. It would be nice to see a graphic of the station we are listening to like what Tunein radio does.

I feel if Rushplayer can improve on these things, they will become THE media player of all future iOS devices. Playback is fantastic, the interface just needs some tweaking/refining.

Menneisyys2
Oct 1, 2012, 05:01 PM
One thing I don't like about Rushplayer is that you can access ALL of your system files from its "Files" menu. This can be dangerous, confusing and it kind of unnecessary when we just want it to play videos or music files. It would be much better if it had a dedicated, locked "media" folder like AVplayer instead of giving you access to your entire system's file tree. If nothing else, there should be an option to hide system files that we have no use for in this application.

You must have mistaken the jailbreak-only RushPlayer+ to the standard, AppStore-based RushPlayer (notice the lack of the + sign!). The latter doesn't provide access to the whole file system, not even on JB'n devices.

Aqui72
Nov 8, 2012, 07:33 AM
Is there anyone here experience after updating to 1.5.4, no sound output and i read same experience/issues from apple support..i miss watching movies whenever i'm riding the bus..hope this problem will be fix, i did delete/reinstall but same problem goes.

Menneisyys2
Nov 8, 2012, 10:59 AM
Is there anyone here experience after updating to 1.5.4, no sound output and i read same experience/issues from apple support..i miss watching movies whenever i'm riding the bus..hope this problem will be fix, i did delete/reinstall but same problem goes.

As I've elaborated on in several of my articles also in this forum, iOS video player developers are constantly forced to remove AC3 support from their apps. RushPlayer, consequently, also dropped AC3 - this is why you can't hear anything. The problem can't be fixed unless you're ready to switch to a player with AC3 support. I recommend It's Playing the most.

Alternatively, if you're jailbroken, get RushPlayer+ (the "unleashed", no-restrictions Cydia version of RushPlayer): it does support AC3.

Menneisyys2
Nov 8, 2012, 12:02 PM
As I've elaborated on in several of my articles also in this forum

Here's my latest one, also linking to this thread:

Unfortunately, more and more players (my latest, three-day-old, related article reporting on no less than five(!) players' doing the same) end up dropping AC-3 (and related) audio support, meaning the inability to play back the audio in a lot of videos: all AVCHD ones (camera MTS files etc.), about half of MKV's (AC-3 is very popular with MKV's, the other popular audio format being DTS), all ATSC (U.S.) digital TV broadcast recordings, a lot of AVI's etc. - as is also mentioned by THIS (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16255045&postcount=153), RushPlayer-AC-3-drop-related post.

The newest victims are:

- RushPlayer - a decent player (but not as good as the top-end ones)

- VM Player (HD) - an, in my opinion, pretty mediocre player.

HD Player Pro, which I, for hardware MKV playback, highly recommended in my recent, dedicated article, fortunately, "only" dropped the not-that-common Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_TrueHD)) and E-AC-3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital_Plus) support; that is, the new version does support AC-3.

An AppStore update list showing all this (except for the somewhat earlier RushPlayer dumbing-down):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81986513/112012/1105ac3drop/IMG_1906t.jpg (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81986513/112012/1105ac3drop/IMG_1906.jpg)

Note that the "unleashed" and, because of not being restricted by Apple's overly restrictive (and, IMHO, in a lot of cases pretty unnecessary) AppStore rules, far superior Cydia version of RushPlayer, RushPlayer+ (note the + sign!) still does support AC3. If you absolutely want to stick with the RushPlayer interface, consider switching to that version - if your iDevice is jailbroken, that is. Note that the free version is preferctly usable for playback. Unfortunately, the developer of the app still uses its own, very restrictive and, in my opinion, unreliable in-app purchase method locking the player's license to one device only. I really hope he switches to the standard Cydia purchasing mechanism some time allowing to easily reinstall the app on another device; until then, I don't really recommend purchasing the app.

Also note that, should your iDevice not be jailbroken and/or you are ready to switch to another player, It's Playing, an absolutely stunning player (latest review (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1484226) here at MacRumors), (still?) supports AC-3. You really should give it a try - not only because of AC-3.

Finally, as you can see by comparing the above update list and my previous HD Player Pro review, the only change in the just-released, new version (5.0.2) is the removal of the Dolby support (again, except for the "base" AC-3). That is, the traditional "back up and restore the old 5.0.1 IPA file" method of keeping the E-AC-3 / MLP support (by securing the old version) by sticking with version 5.0.1 will work just fine and you won't lose any new functionality / bugfixes.

Aqui72
Nov 8, 2012, 05:43 PM
Here's my latest one, also linking to this thread:

Unfortunately, more and more players (my latest, three-day-old, related article reporting on no less than five(!) players' doing the same) end up dropping AC-3 (and related) audio support, meaning the inability to play back the audio in a lot of videos: all AVCHD ones (camera MTS files etc.), about half of MKV's (AC-3 is very popular with MKV's, the other popular audio format being DTS), all ATSC (U.S.) digital TV broadcast recordings, a lot of AVI's etc. - as is also mentioned by THIS (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16255045&postcount=153), RushPlayer-AC-3-drop-related post.

The newest victims are:

- RushPlayer - a decent player (but not as good as the top-end ones)

- VM Player (HD) - an, in my opinion, pretty mediocre player.

HD Player Pro, which I, for hardware MKV playback, highly recommended in my recent, dedicated article, fortunately, "only" dropped the not-that-common Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_TrueHD)) and E-AC-3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital_Plus) support; that is, the new version does support AC-3.

An AppStore update list showing all this (except for the somewhat earlier RushPlayer dumbing-down):

Image (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81986513/112012/1105ac3drop/IMG_1906.jpg)

Note that the "unleashed" and, because of not being restricted by Apple's overly restrictive (and, IMHO, in a lot of cases pretty unnecessary) AppStore rules, far superior Cydia version of RushPlayer, RushPlayer+ (note the + sign!) still does support AC3. If you absolutely want to stick with the RushPlayer interface, consider switching to that version - if your iDevice is jailbroken, that is. Note that the free version is preferctly usable for playback. Unfortunately, the developer of the app still uses its own, very restrictive and, in my opinion, unreliable in-app purchase method locking the player's license to one device only. I really hope he switches to the standard Cydia purchasing mechanism some time allowing to easily reinstall the app on another device; until then, I don't really recommend purchasing the app.

Also note that, should your iDevice not be jailbroken and/or you are ready to switch to another player, It's Playing, an absolutely stunning player (latest review (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1484226) here at MacRumors), (still?) supports AC-3. You really should give it a try - not only because of AC-3.

Finally, as you can see by comparing the above update list and my previous HD Player Pro review, the only change in the just-released, new version (5.0.2) is the removal of the Dolby support (again, except for the "base" AC-3). That is, the traditional "back up and restore the old 5.0.1 IPA file" method of keeping the E-AC-3 / MLP support (by securing the old version) by sticking with version 5.0.1 will work just fine and you won't lose any new functionality / bugfixes.

Thank you for your detailed explanation, now i had to choose what movie i should play, sad for me as i always drag all my movies to it but now due to restriction imposed, the player i enjoyed before is just a piece of junk..i should be more careful now before buying apps that will be useful rather than clutter my storage and not serve its purpose. As a suggestion, can you post apps that everyone of us could easily view what is the edge and superiority of one player to another. Now im back reading, searching all your previous post so i wont be lost finding an ideal apps. So i wont be surprised again.:)

Fabricman112
Nov 8, 2012, 06:28 PM
the ONLY player u need is: It's Playing, it supports all formats and is nearly perfect... it does crash sometimes when streaming from NAS, but the update yesterday may have fixed that :cool:

clumsythief83
Nov 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
I miss AVPlayer so much. It plays everything flawlessly. For some reason, all the media players I'm using plays my videos very choppy on my iPad mini and iPhone 4s for almost all divx. MKV plays fine tho, weird.

Alfonsomac
Nov 9, 2012, 01:23 AM
Edit.

Menneisyys2
Nov 9, 2012, 07:03 AM
BTW, TTplayerHD has just dropped AC-3: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1486560

Aqui72
Nov 11, 2012, 01:25 AM
BTW, TTplayerHD has just dropped AC-3: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1486560

So there's a lot of apps dropping support for ac-3, how many still support ac-3? can you give us list? if i buy today "it's playing" app, do you think anytime the developer could stop the apps from supporting ac-3 or same as rushplayer which i mistakenly updated to 1.5.4 thus making it non playable audio w/ ac-3.

Menneisyys2
Nov 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
So there's a lot of apps dropping support for ac-3, how many still support ac-3? can you give us list? if i buy today "it's playing" app, do you think anytime the developer could stop the apps from supporting ac-3 or same as rushplayer which i mistakenly updated to 1.5.4 thus making it non playable audio w/ ac-3.

1, unfortunately, It's playing will drop AC-3 too. However, if you're ready to save the current version (and find it useful), you can avoid updating (just backup the IPA file.) That is, you can safely buy 3.7.1 today - before the next version comes out.

2, I don't have a list as maintaining it would be too hard - every day there's some players dropping AC-3. Generally, it seems only jailbroken apps and CineXPlayerHD won't drop support.

Aqui72
Nov 11, 2012, 03:05 AM
1, unfortunately, It's playing will drop AC-3 too. However, if you're ready to save the current version (and find it useful), you can avoid updating (just backup the IPA file.) That is, you can safely buy 3.7.1 today - before the next version comes out.

2, I don't have a list as maintaining it would be too hard - every day there's some players dropping AC-3. Generally, it seems only jailbroken apps and CineXPlayerHD won't drop support.

Saw the cinexplayer hd but it has no support for mkv yet so i guess i'll go with the "its playing" while it still on 3.7.1

Aqui72
Nov 18, 2012, 03:38 AM

Your correct, its playing no longer support ac3 so i just need to backup what i have now, thanks for sugggestion.

Menneisyys2
Nov 18, 2012, 03:56 AM
Saw the cinexplayer hd but it has no support for mkv yet so i guess i'll go with the "its playing" while it still on 3.7.1

cinexplayer HD does support hardware MKV playback - it's just that its playback quality (on Retina iPads) and speed isn't as good as that of the top players.

The dev is aware of the problems and at least the first problem will be fixed before long - see our conversation (along with my review) at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1478727