PDA

View Full Version : Is this the 10.1 install disk?

JCLrox
Mar 31, 2012, 10:10 AM
I have been looking for an OS X 10.1 installation disk for a while, and I found something online that seems like what I am looking for. However, I am not entirely sure what the disk and its package would look like, so I thought I'd check here and see if anyone could confirm if the one found is what I need. It looks like a thin folder, with the big blue "X" logo on the front, and there is a little green bubble which says "Version 10.1 inside." Unfortunately the picture does not show what the inside looks like. If you want to see the picture, I can post it. So, is this the 10.1 install disk? Thanks!

elmo151
Mar 31, 2012, 10:12 AM
I don't believe there is one. you download directly from the app store

r.j.s
Mar 31, 2012, 10:13 AM
I don't believe there is one. you download directly from the app store

:confused:

10.1 -> The 10-year-old version of OS X is not on the app store.

Macman45
Mar 31, 2012, 10:16 AM
also :confused: OP: you should have original installation media supplied with your Mac. These are grey DVD's and contain the version of OSX that your Mac originally shipped with....Hope that helps....Still :confused:

JCLrox
Mar 31, 2012, 10:19 AM
Alright, thanks guys

California
Mar 31, 2012, 10:19 AM
I have been looking for an OS X 10.1 installation disk for a while, and I found something online that seems like what I am looking for. However, I am not entirely sure what the disk and its package would look like, so I thought I'd check here and see if anyone could confirm if the one found is what I need. It looks like a thin folder, with the big blue "X" logo on the front, and there is a little green bubble which says "Version 10.1 inside." Unfortunately the picture does not show what the inside looks like. If you want to see the picture, I can post it. So, is this the 10.1 install disk? Thanks!

Yes, that sounds like the original disk. I had one with my 400mhz Titanium Powerbook purchased in late summer 2001. I still have the packaging but long since lost the disc.

JCLrox
Mar 31, 2012, 10:24 AM
Perfect, thank you California!

Nyy8
Mar 31, 2012, 10:42 AM
If your still looking amazon has one... surprisingly

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-Os-10-1-Upgrade-CD-ROM/dp/B000059Y3D