PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or are we missing a 'marketplace'?

iCrosoft
Mar 31, 2012, 12:09 PM
Wouldn't it be great to be able to sell, buy, and trade items within this community?

Just a thought.

r.j.s
Mar 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
There is one, but you cannot access it until you have been a member for 180 days and have 250 posts.

Intell
Mar 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
It's just you.

iCrosoft
Mar 31, 2012, 12:12 PM
It's just you.

Haha I guess so!

Mod, I'm unable to even view it until then? I'm way past 180 days..

Intell
Mar 31, 2012, 12:13 PM
Haha I guess so!

But you're way under the needed 250 posts.

iCrosoft
Mar 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
But you're way under the needed 250 posts.

Looks like I'll be contributing my 2 more often from now on.

And still, I won't be able to even view it until then? What about contributing members?

Intell
Mar 31, 2012, 12:17 PM
You cannot view it until then. I"m not sure, but I think contributing members are still bound by the requirements.

r.j.s
Mar 31, 2012, 12:18 PM

Correct. You need to meet both requirements to even view it ... and please don't go making one-word or useless posts just to reach the 250-post limit.

----------

... but I think contributing members are still bound by the requirements.

Correct. Contributing to the site does not open up access to an avatar or the marketplace early.

iCrosoft
Mar 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
Correct. You need to meet both requirements to even view it ... and please don't go making one-word or useless posts just to reach the 250-post limit.

----------

Correct. Contributing to the site does not open up access to an avatar or the marketplace early.

Yes, I understand the whole point is for members to contribute something helpful, rather than spam.

IMHO a financial contribution should be just as valuable as a helpful post.

r.j.s
Mar 31, 2012, 12:33 PM

While I understand your point, it isn't about buying a way to access these things - anyone can do that - we are looking to establish a sense of community through posting contributions.

lewis82
Mar 31, 2012, 12:34 PM
Yes, I understand the whole point is for members to contribute something helpful, rather than spam.

I think allowing contributing members automatically would open the door to more commercial posts, since those who want to make money like this are most likely not going to post elsewhere.

iCrosoft
Mar 31, 2012, 01:05 PM
I think allowing contributing members automatically would open the door to more commercial posts, since those who want to make money like this are most likely not going to post elsewhere.

Wouldn't 'dealers' be required to have a commercial account with additional rules and their own section of the forum?

lewis82
Mar 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't 'dealers' be required to have a commercial account with additional rules and their own section of the forum?

They simply aren't welcome here. If they want to sell stuff, they can build their own websites or discuss advertising with Arn.

r.j.s
Mar 31, 2012, 02:15 PM

Dealers are not allowed to sell here, but you may see members with a Vendor tag - they are allowed to use the forums, but not advertise.

Hastings101
Mar 31, 2012, 07:05 PM
IT's not too hard to get to 250 posts, just respond to everything.

mobilehaathi
Mar 31, 2012, 07:12 PM
IT's not too hard to get to 250 posts, just respond to everything.

With at least marginally substantive posts.;)

thejadedmonkey
Mar 31, 2012, 07:26 PM
With at least marginally substantive posts.;)

yup! ;)

SandboxGeneral
Mar 31, 2012, 09:27 PM
yup! ;)

I see what you did there.:p