PDA

View Full Version : Why does nobody talk about QuickOffice?

thomstarboy
Mar 31, 2012, 09:23 PM
I would think with all the talk of MS Office coming to iPad and all the people asking about iPads for school, more people would be talking about QuickOffice.

And yet I rarely, if ever, see it mentioned.

Is it really not that good?

Are the reports of terrible keyboard lag true?

Has it long ago been determined that it's not a good app?

Should I buy it?

It looked like a decent choice before I bought an iPad, but now that I have, I hesitate both because of the comparatively high price and because nobody mentions it.

palpatine
Mar 31, 2012, 09:30 PM
as far as i know, only pages offers footnote creation/editing. so, everything else (docs to go and quickoffice) is going to be insufficient for most undergraduate/graduate work.

personally, i use elements + scrivener (osx) for large projects.

Dukat
Mar 31, 2012, 09:35 PM
I bought Quick Office 2 weeks ago.

There is typing lag in the word processor but not in the spreadsheet or presentation software. I tested all 3 in Office 2010 format.

The work processor lag is annoying. Hope it's patched soon. Wouldnt have bought it if I knew this before hand.

billysmity
Mar 31, 2012, 10:55 PM
I would think with all the talk of MS Office coming to iPad and all the people asking about iPads for school, more people would be talking about QuickOffice.

And yet I rarely, if ever, see it mentioned.

Is it really not that good?

Are the reports of terrible keyboard lag true?

Has it long ago been determined that it's not a good app?

Should I buy it?

It looked like a decent choice before I bought an iPad, but now that I have, I hesitate both because of the comparatively high price and because nobody mentions it.

I find it to be a fair app (sending resumes when you are not at your home office). But from a documentation creation stand-point, I don't find it all that helpful. IMHO.

richpjr
Mar 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
iPad apps are pretty price sensitive so the fact that it costs quite a bit more than most others I'm sure turns off some people.

takeshi74
Mar 31, 2012, 11:57 PM
Seems to be mentioned quite a bit:
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=quickoffice+site%3Amacrumors.com#q=quickoffice+site:macrumors.com&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&prmd=imvns&tbas=0&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=2N93T9j2Ksbs2QXirr21Bg&ved=0CAoQpwUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1616467a2fd62d6f&biw=1679&bih=929