Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I want to use my first generation iPod touch to read ebooks. But Kindle is slow to load when I open the app and the font is too small even when I use the biggest available font size. Stanza doesn't work ever since I updated it. So what other readers are there?

Also there are very many apps in there and I want to delete most of them, but it's very cumbersome to click one by one to exclude them from syncing, so how do I batch take away all the apps filling the iPod touch? There's just so many apps, I don't have all the time in the world to click one by one all the checkmarks to get rid of them.

It would be nice if there was a way to uncheck or check all of them so that I could uncheck them and then check only the apps I want in the iTouch.

Last edited:

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
iPod touch problem -- it has too many apps

My 1st generation iPod is giving me a headache. I synced to a new iTunes, and it's backing up the information right now. I don't want it to backup, it unnecessarily clogs up space on my MBP. I do I un-back up?

And it bears repeating, "It would be nice if there was a way to uncheck or check all of them so that I could uncheck them and then check only the apps I want in the iTouch." Is this possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I would like to have an eBook reader app on the 1st generation iPod Touch, but a lot of these eBook readers have been updated to be only compatible with the iPhone4 or 4s, and those remaining don't have the ability to add .ePud through iTunes unless I'm missing something.

Please help?

Also I have to read a lot of PDFs to write a research paper, I would like to convert the PDF to ePub file and send it to iPod to read. I see lots of ePub convertors online, which one is the best? Anybody have experience with this? And is there any iPod touch app that can add bookmarks to ePub files as you are reading?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.