PDA

View Full Version : Mkv2m4v

Aries326
Apr 1, 2012, 01:03 PM
So, I downloaded MKV2M4V from the App Store and I guess it does exactly what I wanted to do. Now I can covert my MKVs to M4Vs quickly by changing the containers and not having to spend a lot of time recoding anything through HandBrake. Everything streams just fine to my AppleTV. Using AirMedia, everything streams just fine to my iPad and iPhones. He only problem I have is the when I try to play these videos on my laptop, the audio is messed up. All I hear are clicks and buzzes. Any advice? Thanks.

phillipjfry
Apr 1, 2012, 01:22 PM
So, I downloaded MKV2M4V from the App Store and I guess it does exactly what I wanted to do. Now I can covert my MKVs to M4Vs quickly by changing the containers and not having to spend a lot of time recoding anything through HandBrake. Everything streams just fine to my AppleTV. Using AirMedia, everything streams just fine to my iPad and iPhones. He only problem I have is the when I try to play these videos on my laptop, the audio is messed up. All I hear are clicks and buzzes. Any advice? Thanks.

What are you using to play the video? Tried using VLC?

Sedulous
Apr 1, 2012, 01:40 PM

Is the default audio channel Dolby Digital (AC3)? Use something like Subler to set the default channel.

Aries326
Apr 1, 2012, 02:16 PM
Through iTunes, the audio is messed up. But if I dig for the file and play it through VLC, everything sounds fine. Anything I can do so it sounds fine on iTunes?

AdrianK
Apr 1, 2012, 02:48 PM
Try running MediaInfo (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediainfo/MediaInfo_GUI_0.7.54_Mac_Universal.dmg) over the file and posting the output, that should explain the issue.