PDA

View Full Version : Pages, Numbers & iCloud question

waynep
Apr 1, 2012, 03:07 PM
I have a new iPad. I also bought Pages and Numbers on both the Mac and the iPad. So I thought the whole point of Pages/iCloud etc was to be able to work on iWork documents in either the Mac or the iPad.

When I created Numbers spreadsheet on the Mac and copy it to iCloud via the web page, all is fine until I open it on the iPad. It then asks if I was to open the original or make a copy. I choose the original since I intend to work on it on the iPad and copy it back to the Mac at some point.

When I copy it back to the Mac, when I save a version, is complains saying that the file has been modified by another application . . I am able to save it anyways so in the long run it's working I suppose.

Seems to me the whole point should be to make this all as seamless as possible. And getting prompts to make copies or letting me know the file was changed by another app, leads me to question the compatibility between the Mac version of iWork and the IOS version of iWork . .

Am I missing something? Anyone experience this also?

profenglish
Apr 1, 2012, 04:24 PM
Interesting info about the compatibility I also thought that iWorks Pages and Numbers would be exchangable in both platforms without copying...I am using Evernote where I can sync my information back and forth without any major glitches.

kdum8
May 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
I have a new iPad. I also bought Pages and Numbers on both the Mac and the iPad. So I thought the whole point of Pages/iCloud etc was to be able to work on iWork documents in either the Mac or the iPad.

When I created Numbers spreadsheet on the Mac and copy it to iCloud via the web page, all is fine until I open it on the iPad. It then asks if I was to open the original or make a copy. I choose the original since I intend to work on it on the iPad and copy it back to the Mac at some point.

When I copy it back to the Mac, when I save a version, is complains saying that the file has been modified by another application . . I am able to save it anyways so in the long run it's working I suppose.

Seems to me the whole point should be to make this all as seamless as possible. And getting prompts to make copies or letting me know the file was changed by another app, leads me to question the compatibility between the Mac version of iWork and the IOS version of iWork . .

Am I missing something? Anyone experience this also?

Unfortunately you aren't missing something. iWork for OS X and iWork for iOS are essentially incompatible. Ridiculous I know, but sadly true. Apple have been very misleading indeed in the way they sold it though.