PDA

View Full Version : Is the Griffin Survivor case any good?

GrannySmith123
Apr 1, 2012, 04:16 PM
Wirelessly posted

I really like protective cases for my iphone. I currently have an otterbox defender series and its great but the one thing that i hate is that the silicone ALWAYS pops off! Ive gotten like 3 replacements and all of them do the same thing after like a month of use.

So im thinking of getting a griffin survivor case. It looks great i love the colors and the design. However there are some things im concerned about with this case also:

-The mic near the headphone jack is covered and cannot be used with the case on. How will this affect video recording and other things?

-Ive heard the screen protector isnt responsive and it feels like there is a little space between the screen protector and the actual iphone screen. Is this true?

- also i understand the case is bulky but is it like REALLY bulky it wont fit in pocket or just a little bulkier than the iphone? I dont mind bulkiness unless its like MEGA bulky.

So for all of you guys that do own a survior case is it good? I understand that the belt clip is flimsy and not good but i NEVER use the belt clips so that wont affect me.

GrannySmith123
Apr 1, 2012, 04:21 PM
Wirelessly posted

Also is the silicone for the survivor case sturdy unlike the otterbox? Does it peel off at all?

guccigucci88
Apr 1, 2012, 04:53 PM
Wirelessly posted

Also is the silicone for the survivor case sturdy unlike the otterbox? Does it peel off at all?

If you like the defender a lot i would just recommend getting the camo series. The silicone is much harder and never comes loose. I promise you'll have no problems with the silicone coming out again. Ive never used the griffin before but in my opinion its hideous and huge lol

GrannySmith123
Apr 1, 2012, 05:11 PM
Wirelessly posted

How lol all it has is camo

guccigucci88
Apr 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
Wirelessly posted

How lol all it has is camo

The silicone is completely different. It is stiff even when not around the case. To even put it on takes a minute or two because its so hard. Trust me i have the regular defender and the camo and the difference is night and day. Watch some reviews on youtube and youll see.

I think the reason its different is because they cant print camo on the softer silicone so they had to make a stiffer version. When i was using the camo defender the silicone never once popped off when i pulled it out of my pocket and the dock connector and headphone cover also fit extremely tight.

GrannySmith123
Apr 1, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wirelessly posted

Yeah i know what u mean by the stiffer silicone i have the newer version of the otterbox but that peels off too

SchneiderMan
Apr 1, 2012, 11:25 PM
Wirelessly posted

Doesn't peel off no. I'd highly recommend it if that's the sort of protection you're looking for. Otterbox is super hyped up...

guccigucci88
Apr 1, 2012, 11:27 PM
Wirelessly posted

Yeah i know what u mean by the stiffer silicone i have the newer version of the otterbox but that peels off too

No you don't understand lol it's nothing like the newer version. The camo is a completely different kind of rubber. It doesn't peel off and to even get it off the case you have to pry it off and it's hard. To get it on the hard part of the case takes a while because it's so hard. The regular silicone you can just throw on basically and push it all in and you can't do that with the camo version. You'll just have to see it to believe it I guess or try the survivor lol.

djransom
Apr 1, 2012, 11:44 PM
The Survivor is nice, but everytime I would put it in the clip it would activate Siri because the home button sticks out. Otherwise solid case and Im currently rocking & loving the OB Defender.

GrannySmith123
Apr 2, 2012, 09:03 AM
Wirelessly posted

And also ive heard the griffin survivor covers up more ports

djransom
Apr 2, 2012, 09:08 AM
Wirelessly posted

And also ive heard the griffin survivor covers up more ports

They both cover up all of the ports.

salsbury
Apr 2, 2012, 04:14 PM
I have two griffin survivors, the green and black. They are really nice cases and are extremely durable. The silicone fits great with no issues of being loose and the port/camera ect. covers stay in place very well. The built in screen protector is very responsive but their is a very slight space between the screen protector and actual phones screen. I also had a otterbox and returned it because of the very loose silicone and I didn't like how the bottom dock was exposed slightly. The only thing I like more about the otterbox was the belt clip, the griffin clip is somewhat flimsy to me.

DryEyez
Apr 2, 2012, 04:16 PM
Saved my bacon a few times