Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rasha720

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
hi. i tried to watch a live channel by safari. if i use normal pc i can see it but when i use mac book pro i can't.i am a new user of mac book so not enough idea. i installed flip 4 mac as-well to convert the window media file for mac. but still its not working. when ever i tried it to open . it opened by quick time player and then few seconds that msg appears.can please any one help me what can i do .
thanks

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
If it is a media file that quick time player tries to open VLC should help.
VLC open just about any media file there is.

Forget codec packs just use VLC.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
hi. i tried to watch a live channel by safari. if i use normal pc i can see it but when i use mac book pro i can't.i am a new user of mac book so not enough idea. i installed flip 4 mac as-well to convert the window media file for mac. but still its not working. when ever i tried it to open . it opened by quick time player and then few seconds that msg appears.can please any one help me what can i do .
thanks

can you post a link?

rasha720

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Took awhile to work for me in Safari, but eventually it did. At first, it didn't work, but I discovered I needed to update Flip4Mac. Once I did that, no problems.
i m using the safari as well. i downloaded flip4mac and quick player time again. but still same.can u please tell me how can u update the Flip4maC?? though i downloaded again but try to do that as well to check.

----------

Took awhile to work for me in Safari, but eventually it did. At first, it didn't work, but I discovered I needed to update Flip4Mac. Once I did that, no problems.

sorry i checked the updated as well it said up to date?? any thing can i do pls help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.