Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newuser1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Wirelessly posted

Hi, I have tried many bluetooth headset even the Bose, but they are fail to trigger iPhone's shutter( the volume +)

Does anyone Know any Bluetooth that's really works with the iPhone camera?

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
I don't believe you will find any headphones that will activate the shutter. Why would you need to use the volume switch on your HP to activate the camera if you're holding the camera in your hand to take a picture?

Newuser1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Wirelessly posted

There are times I go to picnic with my family, and I wished that I can put the iPhone a little far away so that we can take some groups photos maybe 5-6 person, so if the Bluetooth headset can trigger the shutter(something like wireless shutter), it will be great.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
The problem with the Belkin remote is it only works with it's own app, and not the built in camera app, and their app is pretty lousy.

Anyone have luck with any other bluetooth headsets?

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
I dont think you'd be able to find a product that does that. But I think a quick easy solution you can try, if your phone is already jailbroken, is to set an action with Activator.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Last edited:

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Wow, my Satechi arrived today. I ordered on the 30th, and it arrived at my door in 3 days. Incredibly fast shipping.

The remote is great, and works as a promised. It's small, connect's via bluetooth, and the remote camera shutter works with the Apple Camera App as well as Camera+.

The other features, using it as a media controller is also very good. You can control the iPhones volume, play/pause, skip tracks, bring up the keyboard, mute sound, go to the search screen... Things like the keyboard and search screen seems impractical to me, but the media controller is great. For $40, it's worth it to me just for the shutter release.

Attachments

• remote1.jpg
    remote1.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 123
  • remote2.jpg
    remote2.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 190
  • remote3.jpg
    remote3.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 132
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.