Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Does anyone have a BOSE iPod dock for their iPod or has anyone heard the sound from one? I was just browsing stereos for the iPod and wondered what is recommended. Thanks.

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
sheaitisnotso said:
Does anyone have a BOSE iPod dock for their iPod or has anyone heard the sound from one? I was just browsing stereos for the iPod and wondered what is recommended. Thanks.
I've heard one and the sound quality is very good. It charges your iPod while playing, too. I would definitely recommend it. Its only flaw is the price tag..

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah i've heard good things from BOSE but is it worth $299? And can you get something else just as good with a cheaper price tag?

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
heard it several times at the apple store and at the bose store. sound quality is as good as it gets for a box of that size.
in the end i decided for the altec lansing because its about $130, more portable, also has the dock, the sound is clearly inferior to the bose but still o.k. for me.
but i was close to buy the bose for $299. it's that good.

my 2 cents, andi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.