PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime Video/Icon to picture content?

Angelcuco
Apr 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
I use a PowerMac G4, run OS X 10.5.8 Leopard; run QuickTime 7.7. I have a little app that can turn a picture icon to a picture (Pic2Icon). Is there a similar app for QT video files?

When I'm using QT 7.7, the video files automatically turn the QT icons into a picture of the contents of the video file; but not all of them. Is there an app that will turn the rest of the QT icons into a content picture?:confused:

InuNacho
Apr 3, 2012, 06:16 PM
Do you mean an image per frame of video?
If so load the video in Quicktime and hit Export and in the settings hit Image Sequence and change it to PNG.

Theres tons of options to choose from and it's pretty nifty for making gifs out of movie clips.

ThunderSnake
Apr 3, 2012, 07:55 PM
To create a custom movie icon...

1. From finder, right-click (or control-click) the file and choose "Get Info". (Or single-click to highlight the file and then choose "Get Info" from the file menu. Or single-click to highlight the file and then press command-i on keyboard.)

2. Scroll to the bottom of the info window and you'll see a preview window. In this window, advance the movie to a frame that you want to use as an icon and pause it. With the mouse cursor over the paused frame, you can then use the scroll wheel on your mouse to advance frame by frame in either direction until you get the exact one that you want. Then move the mouse cursor off of the movie so that the play symbol will disappear from the paused frame.

3. Press control-command-shift-4 and then use the mouse to select the area of the paused frame that you want to use as your icon. The first click of the mouse will establish your anchor point and the second click will snap the picture. This will copy the selected image to your clipboard.

4. Scroll up to the top of the same "Get Info" window and single click on the generic icon on the top left.

5. From the "Edit" menu, choose paste (or command-v on the keyboard).

If it doesn't show up right away, try dragging the file to another folder and then back to its original location.