PDA

View Full Version : Help finding photo app for printing

epicmar
Apr 4, 2012, 11:45 AM
I having been looking, unsuccessfully so far, for an iPad app that would let me crop a photo to a non-standard size, for example, 2"x2" or 2.5"x3" for printing to display in a physical frame. It would be convenient to be able to crop to say 2.5x3 within a 4x6 frame/border so that I could print to 4"x6" photo paper and then cut out the cropped 2.5x3 print and put it in the physical frame. My daughter assures me that this can be done in Photoshop on her desktop computer, but I don't otherwise have a need for Photoshop and would like to do this on my iPad (new/v3).

Some of the photo collage apps seem to come close, but I have not found any that let you specify the size of individual frames within the overall frame. Does anyone know of an iPad app that can do this?

epicmar
Apr 5, 2012, 07:02 AM
I thought for sure that Palpatine would respond with a suggested app (that's a compliment as he seems to have very, very broad knowledge of iPad apps). I guess there are no iPad apps yet capable of doing the photo cropping-preparation for printing - how about any developers or Internet photo printing services who might be offering this functionality in the near future?