PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk - what the point of this app?

bulldoze
Apr 4, 2012, 03:49 PM
I really want a good app where I can have all of my forums in one place so I was excited to check this app out.

But... what is the point as it seems as though you can only set a whole forum as a favourite like Macrumors I cannot see a way to have sub forums and threads as favourites.

I want an app that understands what forums I have contributed to and puts lists these first and then any favourite threads underneath that, does anybody know of anything like this? I will be surprised if something like this does not exist.

charlieegan3
Apr 4, 2012, 03:52 PM
"I want an app that understands what forums I have contributed to and puts lists these first and then any favourite threads underneath that, does anybody know of anything like this? I will be surprised if something like this does not exist."

that's a big ask.

wsbsteven
Apr 6, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'm using tapatalk right now and I keep ios5, iPad, iPhone, and this sub forum in my favorites. There is a subscribe option in the menu in the upper right. It will put things in your favorites.

Ashwood11
Apr 6, 2012, 02:01 PM
I use Safari and Bookmarks. No problems.

Archer1440
Apr 8, 2012, 05:10 AM
The annoying popups it generates with certain forums ensures this app will never darken my doorstep.

iP4S-Zak
Apr 8, 2012, 05:38 AM
Using tapatalk. Useful App

maril1111
Apr 8, 2012, 06:37 AM
I use Safari and Bookmarks. No problems.

same or atomic browser don't see the need for shelling out extra money on a forum app yet.

someone28624
Apr 8, 2012, 09:29 AM
I was really optimistic for Tapatalk as I frequented a lot of forums when I bought it. Macrumors and one other forum I go to are the only ones compatible with the app. Pointless if forums won't enable it.

bulldoze
Apr 12, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm using tapatalk right now and I keep ios5, iPad, iPhone, and this sub forum in my favorites. There is a subscribe option in the menu in the upper right. It will put things in your favorites.

I don't seem to have this option - the only option I have is to mark as read or refresh.

apple4kim
Apr 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
All forums are made differently. It's just hard to put them all together.

I really want a good app where I can have all of my forums in one place so I was excited to check this app out.

But... what is the point as it seems as though you can only set a whole forum as a favourite like Macrumors I cannot see a way to have sub forums and threads as favourites.

I want an app that understands what forums I have contributed to and puts lists these first and then any favourite threads underneath that, does anybody know of anything like this? I will be surprised if something like this does not exist.

Eddie Bombay
Apr 12, 2012, 11:00 PM
Don't have tapatalk on my iPad but the Android version I have on my phone is really nice. Seems tapatalk on iOS tries to nickel and dime you with in app purchases unlike on my Galaxy Note.

JeffLebowski41
Apr 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
I find it really useful to browse forums on my phone. Much prefer using safari on the iPad though.

Scottyee
Jun 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
I just discovered "Tapatalk Forum App" is on sale for $.99 today at the App Store. :)
Notice there is also a $4.99 "Tapatalk HD for iPad" as well but its not on sale.

Other than price, curious what the difference is between the two versions as I purchased "Tapatalk Forum App" @ $.99 and it looks nice and sharp on my iPad 3 and doesn't require enlarging the image to fill the iPad screen as iPhone apps typically do. I only assume the version is a universal app so figured what was the point of paying $4.99 "Tapatalk HD for iPad".

tracked
Jun 23, 2012, 04:20 AM
is there multiple tabs for browsing forums on Taptalk, i used it months ago when it was free but these days it asks for money