Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
Hi guys,
Sometime ago I purchased coreplayer, very happy with its performance but never tried to make it my default movie player, mainly because I didn't had time to watch movies.
Now I had the time and decided to play some movies with it, everything fine except I couldn't find a menu for loading subs...
I even asked about in in this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1296071/

and as user zen.state said, there is no menu for subs, so only embedded subtitles would work.
As stated in that thread I tried some solutions to embed subtitles on movies, but again they don't appear on coreplayer.
Yesterday I even downloaded a movie that had embed subtitles (in my macbook I didn't had to do anything on vlc to make the subs appear, and there aren't .srt files) but in coreplayer nothing.

I contacted corecodec via support ticket, via email,via twitter and nothing.

1 - does anyone have a method for getting subs to display on coreplayer?

2- anyone has a method to embed substitles and getting them to display in coreplayer

3 - Am I the only guy that thinks that a mediaplayer withou sub support is just stupid?

4 - Even with this refund policy, can't I ask paypal for having my money back?I almost have no use for it due to the lack of sub support...

Hope to hear some answers...

Nova77

May 12, 2011
I tried with MKV tools but it bugs all the time... can't get the job done. Looks like its only good at extracting the files, but what can we use to burn the subs in the video?

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
I tried with MKV tools but it bugs all the time... can't get the job done. Looks like its only good at extracting the files, but what can we use to burn the subs in the video?

As I said on the other topic:

In the process of trying to merge the subs to any video I found this tutorial, the good this is that the programs used are powerpc compatible.
BUT, at least when I tried to do this with the godfather mkv that I have in my macbook I got nothing :S
I am now trying a program called SubMerge, it is universal binary too.

But no sucess, in other players the subs show, but not in coreplayer.
What bugs me even more is the lack of response of the coreplayer guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.