PDA

View Full Version : Stocks iPad App?

JUiCEJamie
Apr 5, 2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Guys, (sorry I tried searching for a thread, but it brought up actual iPad stock in stores. haha)

I'm looking for an app that does the job just as simply as it does on the iPhone.
The stock Stocks app for iPhone is great..

What's the best thing for the iPad?

rdowns
Apr 5, 2012, 01:40 PM
I use CNBC Real Time. Great app.

David Menzel
Apr 5, 2012, 02:03 PM
What do you think about "Bloomberg for iPad"?

AceCoolie
Apr 5, 2012, 05:43 PM
i use cnbc real time. Great app.

+1

rhett7660
Apr 5, 2012, 06:08 PM
What do you think about "Bloomberg for iPad"?

I second this. Pretty nice app and you can load in your stocks just like the iphone app. I am sure there are others out there. Do you have an account with any of the big banks or firms? If so, I would look to see if they have an app that allows you to do this also.[COLOR="#808080"]

Ashwood11
Apr 5, 2012, 06:46 PM
I tried a number of apps including Bloomberg and went back to using Yahoo.

dcrichmond
Apr 10, 2012, 04:08 PM
Try Swissquote HD - nice free app.

BadboyHouse
Apr 10, 2012, 04:09 PM
Wirelessly posted

Yahoo Market Dash. Almost identical to the iPhone stocks app.

b.c.
Apr 11, 2012, 06:48 PM
try Stocks Trending (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stocks-trending-stock-markets/id512068016?mt=8)

recently released. simple, looks good, and free

psejcf
Apr 12, 2012, 08:45 AM
Both Market Dash and Bloomberg are nice. The CNBC app wasn't very good long ago, so I stopped using it.

cryingrobot
Apr 16, 2012, 01:55 AM
Hi Guys, (sorry I tried searching for a thread, but it brought up actual iPad stock in stores. haha)

I'm looking for an app that does the job just as simply as it does on the iPhone.
The stock Stocks app for iPhone is great..

For a simple portfolio, Bloomberg is the best. If you want a power app that tracks multiple portfolios and charts and graphs etc., Portfolio Mobile is the best but its not free..$30 or so if I recall. It has good service and I have been using it for a couple years with frequent updates so its not vapor ware.

iArch
Apr 16, 2012, 07:50 AM
I use CNBC Real Time. Great app.

This.

Somehelpplease
Apr 16, 2012, 04:42 PM

I tried Market Dash, chucked it because it was too limited. Replaced it with the Bloomberg app, which is pretty good. The only thing I can't figure out is how to refresh the home screen for updated quotes.

Johnchapin
Apr 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yahoo Market Dash? Bloomberg?

Someone help with the joke here. Stock apps need to have black backgrounds? Black backgrounds are great on touchscreens because fingerprints show up so well?

Hoping for something simple like the iPhone app. Guess I'll try the Swiss one.

Yea! The Swissquote HD is just right. :-) :-)

ZipZap
May 3, 2012, 12:12 PM
All of these apps have flaws that make them less usagble.

I like the presentation of the CNBC app but it cannot track positions. Bloomberg has positions but no much info on a stock....plus you cannot display you positions on a single line.

None of them let you import positions so that you dont have to go through multiple screens just to add a stock.

The $20 app above has bad reviews and the only decent app costs $70.