PDA

View Full Version : Getting excessive quote notifications from one user

FloatingBones
Apr 5, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'm conversing with a user who is putting the full quote header in every section of a posting that he responds to. This "technique" winds up generating 20-30 quote notifications in each message this person is sending to me. The user didn't seem to understand why this might be annoying to other users.

Could the bbs software detect this and just send one quote notification per message?

Is this "technique" a violation of the ground rules for MR discussions, or do you recommend I just ignore it when some user deliberately does this?

arn
Apr 6, 2012, 02:43 AM
I'm conversing with a user who is putting the full quote header in every section of a posting that he responds to. This "technique" winds up generating 20-30 quote notifications in each message this person is sending to me. The user didn't seem to understand why this might be annoying to other users.

Could the bbs software detect this and just send one quote notification per message?

Is this "technique" a violation of the ground rules for MR discussions, or do you recommend I just ignore it when some user deliberately does this?

Let me look into preventing this on the software side.

arn

arn
Apr 6, 2012, 03:02 AM

Ok, the software will filter this event now.

If someone includes multiple quotes from you in one post, it will only send you one notification.

The exception to this is if they save a post, then edit it, include another quote and save it again. Then it will prob send you another notification.

arn

FloatingBones
Apr 6, 2012, 09:21 AM
Thank you, Arn.