Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGrudge

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
A couple of months ago I purchased a book on iBooks and have been reading it on my iPad. Recently, I've acquired an eReader and I prefer reading books on that.

Is there any way to take this book I purchased from iBooks and move it to my reader? I have a Kobo eReader.

David Menzel

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
A couple of months ago I purchased a book on iBooks and have been reading it on my iPad. Recently, I've acquired an eReader and I prefer reading books on that.

Is there any way to take this book I purchased from iBooks and move it to my reader? I have a Kobo eReader.

Sorry but I think that's not possible.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
If the book doesn't use DRM protection, then yes it's possible thru iTunes to do this. If its protected, then no. Apple's DRM scheme is unique.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011

yes. but, it requires you to break the law. strip the drm and use calibre to convert. again, though, this is technically illegal.

as consumers we have had our rights stripped away by the current drm regime that lets you "buy" a book that you are really "borrowing." welcome to the world of information throttling :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.