Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TahoeBlue

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
So afte a week with my Scosche Snapshield P2 in white, here is my review.

First, this is not really white. It is more of a winter white / light gray. I assume the color choice is more to match the cream smart cover versus the white of the white iPad.

With the exception of the 30 pin slot, headphone jack, and cutout for the smart cover spine magnet, it is a continuous line fit around the iPad itself. This really helps make it a tight fight for the new iPad. It is very tough to get the iPad out once you snap in the back cover. My only concern is the thin portion around the volume controls; if it stress cracks, then that is where it will probably happen.

It is called low profile because it barely goes above the bezel. The lip isn't sharp and doesn't hurt your hand while holding it. However, this is very thick plastic so it adds a bit of heft to the iPad. This is definitely not a thin back cover, but you sacrifice thinness for protection. I get the feeling that if dropped, the case may crack but your iPad itself wouldn't sustain damage.

There is a grippy felt like material on the back in addition to the shiny plastic. I wish it extended a bit wider in landscape, because when holding it that way, you mainly grip the shiny plastic part more if you have small hands. There is also more felt like surface on the inside presumably to ease abrasion and scratches on the aluminum itself.

The other thing I don't like about it is that when used with the smart cover, due to the thickness of the plastic, it doesn't lie flat against the back cover. Nor is there a magnet to hold it back.

TLDR: good fit, thick, protective.

TahoeBlue

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Just an update on this back cover: I dropped it about three feet on to a ceramic floor & it landed on its back back cover.

After recovering from a minor heart attack, checked it over and all is good. No cracks in the back cover & new iPad still all in one piece. So my opinion of this back cover went up a few notches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.