Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oober_freak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Indian Ocean
Hi,

I'd be visiting Singapore in the next few days. Since, Mac Mini is cheaper in Singapore than India by around US$150, i was interested in buying from there. I wanted to know whether the mini has international warranty i.e. if i buy in singapore and bring it back to India and some thing goes wrong, will the warranty be valid here?

I know there are quite a few Apple Centers and Resellers here but i wanted to save some cash :p as i am a student :eek:

Also, if I buy Mac Mini with airport extreme .... will it work with any wireless router?

thnx...

oober_freak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Indian Ocean
Can any one confirm this please :( Guys at apple support aren't replying to me :( I called the toll-free number here and the gal took my number and said that some one'll call back :(

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Confirmed. There's a PDF on Apple's site that I found a few months ago but I can't find it now. It pretty clearly states that only the laptops have international warrantees.

Also, the Extreme card in the mini was made to 802.11b/g standards so it should work with all 802.11b/g wireless routers. I haven't found one that isn't compatible yet. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.