Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
I have always looked forward to purchasing new Apple products and have never been disappointed with any of them. My journey with Apple began back in the early 1990's with secondhand Macs. My first new mac was a G4 Sawtooth, still working, which I purchased in Dublin (a four hour journey away). Next was the original iMac G5, ordered on a friends computer as we didn't have Internet access.
All subsequent Macs and i-devices, which include nearly every model and release variations, aside from MacPros, were ordered online and half the fun of getting them was the anticipation build up between ordering and getting the shiny new model in the gorgeous Apple packaging delivered to my door.
Not once have Apple let me down and their customer care has been exemplary and every last one of them is still in use by the extended family.
Now I am about to order the new iPad to replace my 1G and instead of eagerly awaiting it my head is full of all the things I should be checking out when it arrives, to the point where I was considering driving to the Belfast Apple Store (7 hours away) so I could examine it before leaving the store.
I wish I'd stayed away from the Internet and MacRumors once the new iPad was announced so I could still enjoy that anticipatory buzz!

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
For everybody who posts about a problem with there iPad (or other apple product) I would say there are 100+ who don't have an issue. Think about it. If apple made poor quality products they would not be so popular. Order online. If there is an issue apple will swap it out no problem.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
For everybody who posts about a problem with there iPad (or other apple product) I would say there are 100+ who don't have an issue. Think about it. If apple made poor quality products they would not be so popular. Order online. If there is an issue apple will swap it out no problem.

I am going to order online and hope my previous Apple buying experience continues.

SweetDove

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
I wish you luck!

I only bought one, and it's perfect *knocks on wood* no screen heat or battery or light issues what so ever. they're out there, it just people who are happy are having so much fun they don't take the time to brag about it. All you see are people who are unhappy since they are trying to resolve the issue somehow. Or ranting about it.
I'd just keep your fingers crossed, don't put apple up on a cloud (cause then it won't ever live up <3) and if you get a funky one, trade it in if you want to! And lucky granddaughter!

Jonesy76

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Norwich
There are some people out there doing some pretty extreme things to their iPads to 'try' and find faults with them.
Mine is perfect and I love it :D
Superb step up from my old iPad 1.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
Thanks for the encouraging words.
I'll be purchasing in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know how it goes. Just waiting for the 2 cases I ordered (one for the grandkids and one for myself) to arrive as i know I won't be able to resist opening it when it arrives .Hopefully my positive experiences with Apple will continue.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
I'm willing to put money on there not being anything wrong with it.

Just got it today and you'd have won your bet!
I'm delighted and to make it even better both cases I ordered for it fit perfectly, the Choiix Wake up folio by Coolermaster for myself and the FlexKit by UZBL for the grandkids.
I'm happy and very glad I'm retired and have lots of free time to play with my new toy!
At least I don't have to give the iPad 1g to my granddaughter until the 20th of May so I'll have the new one to myself for a little while.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Just got it today and you'd have won your bet!
I'm delighted and to make it even better both cases I ordered for it fit perfectly, the Choiix Wake up folio by Coolermaster for myself and the FlexKit by UZBL for the grandkids.
I'm happy and very glad I'm retired and have lots of free time to play with my new toy!
At least I don't have to give the iPad 1g to my granddaughter until the 20th of May so I'll have the new one to myself for a little while.

I'm only up the road from you, so cash in hand would be great ;-)

More seriously, this was to be expected. If you believed every word on here you'd think every iPad is defective. It's actually only a very small percentage of iPads which have exceptionally yellow screens or get warm.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
I hadn't noticed you were from Belfast.
Really wish it was "just up the road" as I'd love to visit an Apple Store just once but I'm way down on the Dingle Peninsula in Kerry so it would be a fair old trek and after buying the iPad there's no money left for plane tickets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.