PDA

View Full Version : SATA to IDE adaptor on eMac

LeoTheLion89
Apr 9, 2012, 09:50 AM
i need a new DVD Burner drive for my eMac is the one i have is pretty much only good for reading disc and only works at that in the eMac i put it in the eMac to install OS X Tiger as it only had a CD drive and it was the only DVD drive i had i know it didnt work in any computer but i tossed it in the Mac surprisingly it works but it errors on burning and erasing discs so i need a better one anyways this was only a temperary drive in the 1st place problem is IDE DVD Bunders are kinda pricey i can get a SATA DVD Drive for much cheaper than a IDE Drive how well will a SATA DVD burner work with a SATA to IDE Converter and Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Toast Titainium 10

stroked
Apr 9, 2012, 04:09 PM
i need a new DVD Burner drive for my eMac is the one i have is pretty much only good for reading disc and only works at that in the eMac i put it in the eMac to install OS X Tiger as it only had a CD drive and it was the only DVD drive i had i know it didnt work in any computer but i tossed it in the Mac surprisingly it works but it errors on burning and erasing discs so i need a better one anyways this was only a temperary drive in the 1st place problem is IDE DVD Bunders are kinda pricey i can get a SATA DVD Drive for much cheaper than a IDE Drive how well will a SATA DVD burner work with a SATA to IDE Converter and Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Toast Titainium 10

punctuation?

jbarley
Apr 9, 2012, 09:24 PM
punctuation?
And lack of capitalization, both which are 'free' so I'm surprised Leo is not jumping all over it.

crewkid89
Apr 9, 2012, 10:36 PM
That uses a 3.5 inch drive right? They seem to go for $5-$30 on eBay. Not too bad. I would stick with what you're supposed to use. Even OWC has a really nice burner for $33 USD. I don't know what you consider to be reasonable but that seems extremely reasonable to me.

LeoTheLion89
Apr 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
That uses a 3.5 inch drive right? They seem to go for $5-$30 on eBay. Not too bad. I would stick with what you're supposed to use. Even OWC has a really nice burner for $33 USD. I don't know what you consider to be reasonable but that seems extremely reasonable to me.

for me it would be 15-20 bucks