Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pengapine

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Hoping fellow peeps can help me out with this query.

So I am in the market for a htpc that I can use to game occasionally (other than watching 1080p movies). I think the Mac Mini with discrete graphics fits my bill. Now obviously there's folks that will come back and say I can build one for cheaper / better performance, etc etc etc. My problem is that I don't have the time / energy to do that any longer.

My question is for those that have gamed with the mini with discrete graphics, how do you think it will handle D3 (or even better, have tried out the BETA on D3), your feedback is much appreciated.

Or, for those that say there are better alternatives, please provide them (~$700-800 comparable price to the Mini)

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
It should run at medium details on 1080p resolution. I have no beta key, but I know the power of the 6630 pretty good, so if I compare it to the fps you can get out of a 9600M GT, it should run okay with settings ranging from low to medium.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.