Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Just joined Match and understand at least I think! that the music still resides on my home laptop. On my pad and phone I have a little cloud sign next to each album.

But Im guessing here that I can only listen to this music if I have an internet connection, so if I'm on a beach somewhere chances are I cant listen to music and even if I do find a connection will have to pay to listen to my music as I need to pay the the necessary data charges to download it.

So at home with a wifi connection how can I easilt get the music onto my pad and phone?.....do I really have to laboriously click each cloud one at a tme by every album/song title?

Isnt there a quick way to download from the cloud match?

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
If you view an album you can just tap "download all" to download the entire album. Rinse & Repeat.

As far as I know, there's no way to download your entire library in one go.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You can download the music to your iPhone and iPad ... but you have to click the cloud icon, or scroll to the bottom of the playlist/album/artist and click Download All.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
If you're at home with the computer... just plug in the cable and sync. iTunes Match won't be turned off by doing so, it just places local copies on your iPhone. You can also use the Wifi sync, which will be faster than downloading from Match but not as fast as USB.

iTunes Match isn't an either/or thing, it can be used in conjunction with USB syncing if you choose.

jW

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
If you're at home with the computer... just plug in the cable and sync. iTunes Match won't be turned off by doing so, it just places local copies on your iPhone. You can also use the Wifi sync, which will be faster than downloading from Match but not as fast as USB.

iTunes Match isn't an either/or thing, it can be used in conjunction with USB syncing if you choose.

jW

Thanks the 'links' to the music have all been copied to my pad and phone but the links contain no music thus for the need to download each album one at a time.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I don't know for sure if this'll work, but can you make a playlist with all of your songs in it, sync with iTunes Match, then do the Download All feature for that playlist?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.