PDA

View Full Version : Blogging App Recommendations

paragonj
Apr 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody could provide me a recommendation for a good blogging app for the iPad? I am going to be traveling for a few weeks and want to write a blog for my friends/family to follow while I am gone. I am not tied to a particular hosting platform, so any recommendations for a hosting platform would be useful as well. Here are some of the things I am looking for:

1) Offline composition. During parts of the trip I will have limited or expensive options for internet access, so ideally I'd like to be able to do everything except for the actual upload of the content when I do not have a network connection.
2) Good tools for adding pictures to the posts and placing them within the text.
3) This is more of a bonus-feature than a necessary one, but if it is possible to add maps with markers on them (without too much difficulty) that would be great.
4) Password protection for blog. I want to limit it to only be readable by people that I share a password with.
5) Nice customization options for the webpage layout/design (this can be something that is done on a computer, as I will complete this part before I leave).

Thanks in advance for any recommendations that anyone has!