PDA

View Full Version : Playing blue ray on Ipad

Lamarak
Apr 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
I have the new ipad and was wondering what program best to convert my blu rays to play on the new ipad. I have a nice desk top pc and a macbook air.

Any recommndations on best way to convert these to play on my new Ipad? Thank you

Kenneth D
Apr 22, 2012, 05:15 PM
Dvdcatalyst. Best 10 bucks I ever spent.

jlc1978
Apr 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
Dvdcatalyst. Best 10 bucks I ever spent.

While I concur on DVDCatalyst and have used it for years, it needs a VM or PC to work (haven't tried it lately with Wine or Crossover although earlier versions worked) since it is PC only.
if you want a Mac based solution avoid all those BluRay rippers (see below why) and go with makeMKV. It works great and creates mkv files that can be converted to mp4 or viewed with a separate player such as gPlayer on the iPad. it's also free while in beta, and the developer is actively upgrading it.

Check this link for more on mkv and some of the other BluRay rippers:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1514

saberahul
Apr 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
Open the iPad - take out the battery - put the disk in - close the case - power on! (This is a joke - don't try it).

If you own the disk - you can use multiple programs (I will not name due to forum rules) to convert them into .mp4 format. This is the format the iPad will play. Of course, in order to convert you will need to be able to read the disk which may/may not be supported by your computer.

subrar08
Jul 25, 2012, 02:56 PM
"Blu-ray ripper" deals with converting/ripping videos from Blu-rays or DVDs.