Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjw1287

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Hi there!

I have an iPod Touch 32g 3rd gen.

Last night I transferred some music over to it and went to plug it into my car. When I plugged it in I couldn't get it to play (Using a cable similar to the one I use for charging in car to play music). All of a sudden the screen pixels all slowly faded to a solid white. It stayed this way, completely unresponsive to pressing power or menu for about 5 minutes.

It then seemed to lock and become operational again. I restarted it and now every time I'm in the lock screen it has the yellow triangle warning sign with a message that says, "Charging is not supported with this accessory."

This seems to be kind of a common message with these, here's the kicker though, I'm not plugged into anything. It still has the message no matter what I do. Other than that issue, it seems to function normally. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate some guidance!

Thanks!

fred.bloggs

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
This is very strange behavour.

Have you used this setup in your car before? I fear that it may have zapped the charging circuit in the ipod.

As always it is worth plugging it into the computer and performing a restore, just in case it is just a software corruption.

Good Luck

kjw1287

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for the reply!

I have used this setup in the car countless times... So far it's been a little finicky when connecting it to the computer to charge, but ultimately working. Although that message persists.

I'm going to try and locate some freeware that can back up my music onto my harddrive before I try the restore.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.