Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which podcast app do you like most?

• Instacast

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Downcast

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pocket Casts

• Another app - Please list in thread

• I just use iTunes for podcasts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't listen to podcasts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

I've purchased many podcast apps over time including Downcast, Instacast, Pocket Casts and Podcatcher. These also seem to be the most popular apps. I just can't settle on the one I like most, each have their positives and negatives.

I'd love to get your opinions on which app you like the most, and why.

If the app you use isn't listed, please share it in the thread.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
I've used them all — Instacast, Downcast, Podcaster, Pocket Cast, and maybe some others. Although I used Instacast for quite a while (and liked it), I recently started using Downcasts. I really like the speed of the refresh, the playlists, and the sleep timer they built in to DC. Either Downcasts or Instacast would be my recommendation.

voaudio

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
voaudio

VoAudio is a podcasting app that is being released next month, and it is going to be awesome. With all the best features of podcast platforms that you enjoy now, a simplified user-interface and increased sharing capabilities, VoAudio is going to make enjoying podcast a much more highly enjoyable activity! Check out http://www.voaudio.com and sign up to be a beta tester if you want to give us some input or feedback

- VoAudio Team

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I use Instacast and the syncing with iCloud is what makes it work for me. All of my podcasts are synced across all of my iOS devices. Hell, Apple can't even do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.