Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I have a site, google webmaster tools account, and a google analytics account. The webmaster tools and analytics are connected (feed data to one another). The google accounts receive data. I do not know the details of how exactly but I have not placed any analytics code into my page code. My questions are, why do I need the analytics code in my pages if I am already seeing data? Does it provide more detailed data or something else all together? In short, what is the benefit of adding the code versus doing what I have been doing (no added code)?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I have a site, google webmaster tools account, and a google analytics account. The webmaster tools and analytics are connected (feed data to one another). The google accounts receive data. I do not know the details of how exactly but I have not placed any analytics code into my page code. My questions are, why do I need the analytics code in my pages if I am already seeing data? Does it provide more detailed data or something else all together? In short, what is the benefit of adding the code versus doing what I have been doing (no added code)?

You probably get analytics data quicker and more accurately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.