PDA

View Full Version : Some purchased apps no longer available for re-download

saiyan
Apr 13, 2012, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know if we are supposed to be able to re-download apps which are no longer available for sales in the App Store?

I was trying to re-download the following three games from the App Store but it looks like they are no longer available for sale.

Let's Golf (by Gameloft)
Let's Golf 2 (by Gameloft)
Prince of Persia Retro (by Ubisoft)

Since I have purchased them already, I was expecting to find them on the "Purchased" list in the App Store app but they are not found on the "Purchased" list either! :(

I had to use iTunes and sync those three apps to from my iTunes library to my iPad.

Does anyone know if users are supposed to be able to re-download apps from their "Purchased" list? :confused:

It would really suck if we cannot re-download apps we have purchased.

Just imagine if I have never transfer purchased apps to my iTunes library, I would have lost those three games permanently. :eek:

That also means I will always need to transfer purchased apps from iPad to iTunes and make sure I backup my iTunes library periodically.

Bear
Apr 13, 2012, 08:03 AM
The key is "You can re-download purchased items from the iTunes store as long as it is still available for purchase." This is true for Apps, Music, Movies and Books.

saiyan
Apr 13, 2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info..

Carlanga
Apr 13, 2012, 10:54 PM
welcome to the digital era! ;)

personal backups will be the only way to preserve older software legally.