PDA

View Full Version : Stream music from NAS with iPad to AirPlay with queue system

lolrich
Apr 13, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hello,

anybody out there who can recommend an app,
- that can stream my music files from my NAS(Netgear readynas DUO) - with the iPad to my speaker with airplay?

I bought Buzz Player the other day, it works "OK", but can only play 1 song at a time, then i need to find the new song afterwards manually.. i want an option like a jukebox like this way....

IF i want to play another song WHEN song1 is done, then i can queue song2, song3 ect ect. from the NAS BUT if there aint any songs in queue...
then just play random songs from the NAS

does anybody know a good app for this issue?
AS a sidenote, the NAS got the option as a "iTunes server" but that wont change the issue - according to looaaads of googling, correct me - if i am wrong :-)

Regards

Nousefor
Aug 16, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hi,
Did you find a solution? I've got exactly the same requirements...

Even if you create a playlist you can only add songs that where recently played from the network, but you can't browse and add directly from the network...

lolrich
Aug 16, 2012, 11:52 AM
nope :-(

seems like there aint any apps for this,
so developers out there - go make one!

i will buy it, for sure! :-)

rhett7660
Aug 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
What is the speaker you are referring to?

You are wanting to do the following, just so I am clear:

NAS--->iPAD----|Airplay|----->wireless speaker system utilizing Airplay

Correct?

lolrich
Aug 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
Correct!

With queue/ random play when no songs left in queue :-)

dugbee
Aug 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
I'm wondering if iPeng can do it. Can your NAS run Squeezebox Server? I don't have a NAS, but I am running a Linux box with Squeezebox Server and Squeezeplay. I'll test the Airplay functionality and get back to you.

lolrich
Aug 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
the nas do support squeezebox,
trying to install it now - i read some where that it would be a good idea to upgrade the ram,

but lets see,

ill update this thread asap!