PDA

View Full Version : Go From 10.8 to 10.7 Again

BraydenStrasen
Apr 14, 2012, 12:39 AM
I installed the Mountain Lion Developer Preview 2 and it screwed up my Macbook. I checked the other threads but it seems all of them require a Time Machine backup or erasing all my data. Is there any way to downgrade to Lion without erasing everything?

pdjudd
Apr 14, 2012, 01:22 AM
I installed the Mountain Lion Developer Preview 2 and it screwed up my Macbook. I checked the other threads but it seems all of them require a Time Machine backup or erasing all my data. Is there any way to downgrade to Lion without erasing everything?

Nope, it requires a backup of some kind.

ezramoore
Apr 14, 2012, 01:26 AM
Why not just create a backup now, before you wipe/reload?

hafr
Apr 14, 2012, 03:06 AM

http://falkenmire.com/blog/2012/3/12/mountain-lion-to-lion-rollback.html

jnl1211
Apr 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
Copy all your data and everything without doing a backup. I reinstalled lion and restored from backup and it restored my problems too. Mail wouldn't work in Lion after restor either. Now I copy all my stuff, app DMGs and such then recopy and setup it all up.