Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishloveguines

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
I'll try to give as much info as I can here (next time it crashes, I'll upload a crash report).

I can't figure out what it is, even with extensions disabled, I'm still getting these random crashes. It's really annoying. Here's a list of my extensions in case that helps:

AdBlock
Social Fixer
YouTube Options for Apple Safari 1.8.69
1Password
AutoPager
WikiPics

Any solutions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'll try to give as much info as I can here (next time it crashes, I'll upload a crash report).

I can't figure out what it is, even with extensions disabled, I'm still getting these random crashes. It's really annoying. Here's a list of my extensions in case that helps:

AdBlock
Social Fixer
YouTube Options for Apple Safari 1.8.69
1Password
AutoPager
WikiPics

Any solutions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Make sure all extensions and plug-ins are disabled. Reset Safari, clearing your cache and cookies.

In Safari > Preferences > General make sure "Open "safe" files after downloading" is unchecked.
In Safari > Preferences > Security make sure "Enable Java" is unchecked.

What Mac OS X version are you running? I assume it's Lion, since it's in the Lion forum. Have you run Software Update to make sure everything is updated on your system?

Do the crashes occur when visiting the same sites, or any site?

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
i have safari with few ectnsions no trouble at all
I think it. might be the plugins.
Google plugin once did that to my friend, it was for video conferencing on gtalk or something to do with gmail i think

irishloveguines

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Make sure all extensions and plug-ins are disabled. Reset Safari, clearing your cache and cookies.

In Safari > Preferences > General make sure "Open "safe" files after downloading" is unchecked.
In Safari > Preferences > Security make sure "Enable Java" is unchecked.

What Mac OS X version are you running? I assume it's Lion, since it's in the Lion forum. Have you run Software Update to make sure everything is updated on your system?

Do the crashes occur when visiting the same sites, or any site?

Yes, I have Lion 10.7.3, I can't seem to find any sites in specific it does this to. however, i did notice that safari crashes with more than one page/tabs open.

also yes to the software updates. it's so frustrating! i did your suggestions, and i'm hoping the issue doesn't reoccur. i'll let you all know if it does!

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Also please list your system spec's-CPU/Memory/hard drive near full or not, etc.

My Safari is running just fine with "Do not track plus" and "AdBlock" installed using Lion (MacMini 2011)

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
when you say it crashes with many tabs on, how many tabs are you talking about?
I am running 2 windows with 6 tabs each, thats when I am not doing too much on it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.