Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Any advice for a messenger bag that would be great for an 11" MacBook Air and iPad combination?

This would be used as an all around bag, but would be used also in a professional/semi-professional settings for meetings with clients.

An ideal bag would be in a darker tone, with a nice clean, aesthetic look to it. Vertical orientation would be nice but not necessary.

Any suggestions?

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I bought the brown Tucano One nylon sleeve from the Apple Store ... fits both the MBA and iPad in a compact but somewhat weighty package. I've always thought highly of Tucano's quality and this bag does not disappoint.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Check out Tom Bihn. They have the Ristretto, which is designed for the Air. It should be able to fit an iPad as well.

I have the Large Cafe Bag though. The bag is a bit floppy, but I also have a Waterfield designs vertical sleeve which gives it support. It easily fits the Air, iPad, chargers and can still fit a decent sized textbook.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Any advice for a messenger bag that would be great for an 11" MacBook Air and iPad combination?

This would be used as an all around bag, but would be used also in a professional/semi-professional settings for meetings with clients.

An ideal bag would be in a darker tone, with a nice clean, aesthetic look to it. Vertical orientation would be nice but not necessary.

Any suggestions?
This is my favourite messenger bag.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H...heo-leather-bag?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&s=topSellers

illippinno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, that's what I envisioned my needs would be. Definitely leaning on an all black bag, but I like the white accent on it as well. Thanks!

Does your MBA fit the 10" bag? The website suggests using the 11" Muzetto.

I use the SFBags 10" Muzetto. The MBA in a sleeve on the inside pocket and the iPad (with smart cover) in the outside pocket. Works perfect and a darned good looking bag to boot!

http://sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.php

----------

Thank you all for the suggestions. Definitely great suggestions!

pastormikec

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2009
Wow, that's what I envisioned my needs would be. Definitely leaning on an all black bag, but I like the white accent on it as well. Thanks!

Does your MBA fit the 10" bag? The website suggests using the 11" Muzetto.

----------

Thank you all for the suggestions. Definitely great suggestions!

The 10" works, but if they had had the 11", and having now seen how the MBA fits in the 10", I would go for the 11". I guarantee you won't be sorry with this bag! As someone else mentioned I picked up the MBA sleeve from SF Bags as well and it plays nicely with the bag.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks! I may pick out a suede sleeve for the Air as well when I order the Muzetto, although it looks like they are sold out for a month.

I also read that they offer coupons. Were you able to use some sort of coupon when you purchased yours? I'm looking online if there are any active ones now, but no luck so far.

The 10" works, but if they had had the 11", and having now seen how the MBA fits in the 10", I would go for the 11". I guarantee you won't be sorry with this bag! As someone else mentioned I picked up the MBA sleeve from SF Bags as well and it plays nicely with the bag.

pastormikec

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2009
Thanks! I may pick out a suede sleeve for the Air as well when I order the Muzetto, although it looks like they are sold out for a month.

I also read that they offer coupons. Were you able to use some sort of coupon when you purchased yours? I'm looking online if there are any active ones now, but no luck so far.

No coupon used here. I also had to wait for my bag to be made. Good luck on your setup. I'm a student and the ability to take all my stuff in one compact bag is amazing.

CountBrass

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
They're all wrong of course.

This is the best MBA + iPad bag you can buy:

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/men/bag...y-messenger-leather-black-11-laptop-bag.html/

I have the Tan version but it's also available in black and brown. Can take an MBA 11", iPad, iPhone, pens, cables etc. It's really well padded, you don't have to wait months for it to be made and it doesn't have or require multiple extra-cost gimmicky knick-knacks or sleeves(!) to make it usable.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Ooh, that does look nice as well!

This is the best MBA + iPad bag you can buy:

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/men/bag...y-messenger-leather-black-11-laptop-bag.html/

I have the Tan version but it's also available in black and brown. Can take an MBA 11", iPad, iPhone, pens, cables etc. It's really well padded, you don't have to wait months for it to be made and it doesn't have or require multiple extra-cost gimmicky knick-knacks or sleeves(!) to make it usable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.