Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipadm

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
I have purchased two backs from material 6, both turned out amazing. Their custom engraving is top notch and very high res.

yes... expensive for something like a backplate, but very premium quality.

I will likely buy again in the future when next generation iphone comes out this fall

Sunsean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I have purchased two backs from material 6, both turned out amazing. Their custom engraving is top notch and very high res.

yes... expensive for something like a backplate, but very premium quality.

I will likely buy again in the future when next generation iphone comes out this fall

Just saw your response - thanks for chiming in. Yeah, they look really cool and I love the aesthetic of the wood backing...glad to know they look good in real life too.

Unfortunately, while I could afford it, I just don't think I can justify spending $100 on a wooden back for my phone :-/ Shame that I can only find a couple companies who offer these but they are both in the same general price range. Must be a very labor intensive process, because the wood itself can't cost them that much. One 2x4 would make what, like 500 backplates??

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
How about a wooden sticker?

The Lucky Labs has some:

parudao-wood-back_1.jpg

Also SGP sells similar skins.

skinguard-wood.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.