Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Hey everyone... I just got a new 15' Powerbook 1.5GHz.
I've been using it for about 1 week and the backlight has always been on. Today, I was connected to the internet, and I had to do something, so I closed the PB lid, while the PB was still on. Now I'm back on it, and my keyboard is not lighting up?? How do I get the light back on???

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Hold on, are you talking about the backlight to the main display or the backlight to the keyboard? If you're talking about the keyboard bear in mind that the keyboard lights are only on in low light environments. Try covering up both speaker gratings on either side of the keyboard with your arms since the light sensor is in one or both of them, this should have the effect of being in a dim room. If that doesn't work, turn the baby off and then back on again and see if that helps.

Phil

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Yep, I covered up the speakers and it went back on!! And, now that you mention the lighting affects it, I did just turn on a lamp that I never have on.
Thanks, you're freakin' Awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.