PDA

View Full Version : share game progress across devices?

twisted-pixel
Apr 16, 2012, 01:48 AM
Hi,

there are a few games I have on my ipad that I also have on my iphone. When I'm out and about, I play them on my phone, at home I play them on my pad. However, is there a way to sync progress of a game between the two devices? I don't want to complete a difficult level on my phone, only to have to then try and complete it again on my pad. I guess a sync would work (as long as I did it in the right order, ie latest one first) but just wondered if there was another way I could do it automatically.

thanks

hchavarria
Apr 16, 2012, 04:45 AM
I think the only way this would work was if the developer used iCloud for data storage. Other than that I believe there is no way to do this.

Beerstalker
Apr 24, 2012, 08:48 AM
This annoys me too. I wish there was a way they could use Gamecenter to do this. Pretty annoying that I was 3/4 of the way through Angry Birds with 3 stars on every level, etc. and then upgraded from an iPod touch to an iPhone and had to start all over again.

dancj
Apr 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
You don't need to lose progress when you get a new device. You can either:

1 - restore your new device from a backup of the old device. This will bring all of your save games across

Or

2 - use iExplorer on your PC (or iPhone explorer - I think it's called - on a mac) to copy the save game files from the old device to the new one.

Both of these are one-off solutions though. If you want it to be seamless then you have to have a game that uses iCloud - and most games don't. Infinity Blade 2 and Batman: Arkham Lockdown both do though.