Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DenisAuermann

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
San Salvador, El Salvador
Remember the Sketchbook Ink app that was announced with the new iPad? What happened to it? they said they were going to launch it sometime in April but we haven't heard anything yet. It definitively looked promising, specially how beautiful it looked on the retina display

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Remember the Sketchbook Ink app that was announced with the new iPad? What happened to it? they said they were going to launch it sometime in April but we haven't heard anything yet. It definitively looked promising, specially how beautiful it looked on the retina display

We're only half way through...

Ask again near the end of the month.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Just the nature of the app store not having solid release dates I think. I would like to know if they've submitted it yet though or some more info on the features.. I can't find anything new since the press conference which was cool but not detailed.

Really want to try this app, none of the art apps so far have been quite right for me, this one looks very interesting.

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
Sure!

Yeah this same guy said the same thing on another website, Something along the lines of -There's still a few days left in April- or some nonsense, So on April 30th at 11:55 pm he'll say -There's still 5 minutes left? Cmon man! There's nothing worse that people from a respected company announcing a product to be released in April and it doesn't get released. It's terrible marketing and PR.

Also I heard recently that Sketchbook Ink Isn't coming out anytime soon so let's not hold our breath.

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
June release?

We're only half way through...

Ask again near the end of the month.

So it's the 25th, what's going on? Are they gonna wait until the 30th? And what about the stories Ive heard about Sketchbook ink coming out in June and nobody's been told this?

Val84

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
Well-Autodesk is well known for two things: Pretty cool software and lousy communication. Just check their official website and try to find a specific product: maddening...
Regarding Sketchbook Ink: they promised a program/app to work smoothly with Sketchbook Pro for iPad. One is vector based the other pixel based. When you import a sketch from Sketchbook Pro into Ink you'll have a mix. No problem when you don't need High Res. output-but that's what they promised. I am sure they are still deciding weather to implement a render engine for the iPad or an external program for desktop (like the one for the Brushes-App) to get a decent resolution for print.
Anyway- agreed, BAAAD communication from autodesk.....april.....right....

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
So its just about the last day of April without a word. I don't understand why devs can't throw out a simple update on their blog.

edit: Woops, posted without seeing someone else bumped it today too. Well, whatever... and what happened to this forum 0.o

c1fra

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
:(

No news from Autodesk people? I can't believe that the one of the apps used by Apple as a way to present the iPad 3rd Gen (in all spots and some events) is still this late... and no news from Apple, neither from Autodesk...

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012

-Hi, we're Autodesk and we told Apple to please let us get in on the media hype of the new iPad and they agreed! So we showed up with a non functioning app demonstrated by a fake demo video to make everyone want it!, then we told our demo puppet to say it comes out in April, and to say it in a similar tone as when Steve Jobs would promise things! except Steve Jobs delivered when he promised something. Then when we came back to the office we got yelled at by the programmers because they were nowhere near ready! and then we were told to BS the public with stupid replies like "There's still days left in April" Then we explained to them that we can do whatever we want and that we don't care about pissing people off, they're still going to buy it even if it's a year late, So who cares! And yes we know you guys want the app really bad so here's our latest explanation, SUCK IT! Thanks!

-Not written by Autodesk. Written by a waiting customer who's tired of BS!

notoautodesk

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Just don't get the ink at all it it's late

No reason to get it at all if they lie and keep the real date a secret.
Get Procreate instead! Miles better than anything from autodesk.

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
No reason to get it at all if they lie and keep the real date a secret.
Get Procreate instead! Miles better than anything from autodesk.
Procreate is excellent but, while you might choose it over Sketchbook Pro, you wouldn't really get it instead of Sketchbook Ink (vector painting app).

Dark-Romeo

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
*** Autodesk Official Update ***

I'm not Autodesk but this has been copied and pasted from Autodesk:

"Thanks for everyone who has been sending us email and tweets.

We are wrapping up the final details on the app to make sure it is right before we submit it to the App Store. We are getting very close and SketchBook Ink is coming SOON!

Keep an eye on SketchBook News or follow us on Twitter @sketchbookpro, we'll definitely be posting once INK goes live.

Chris"

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 08:02PM by Registered Commenteradsk.chris

As per...
http://www.sketchbooknews.com/news/announcing-sketchbook-ink.html
and
https://twitter.com/#!/sketchbookpro

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
I'm not Autodesk but this has been copied and pasted from Autodesk:

"Thanks for everyone who has been sending us email and tweets.

We are wrapping up the final details on the app to make sure it is right before we submit it to the App Store. We are getting very close and SketchBook Ink is coming SOON!

Keep an eye on SketchBook News or follow us on Twitter @sketchbookpro, we'll definitely be posting once INK goes live.

Chris"

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 08:02PM by Registered Commenteradsk.chris

As per...
http://www.sketchbooknews.com/news/announcing-sketchbook-ink.html
and
https://twitter.com/#!/sketchbookpro
Joke!

Dark-Romeo

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
Better late than never!

As a professional digital artist Autodesk Sketchbook is invaluable to myself. I mean look what I did in an hour with Sketchbook Pro!

Can't wait for ink! ;)

soldier.png

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
Better late than never!

As a professional digital artist Autodesk Sketchbook is invaluable to myself. I mean look what I did in an hour with Sketchbook Pro!

Can't wait for ink! ;)

As far as "Better late than never" is concerned I disagree, I've been earning a living from drawing for over a decade and I've lost interest in Sketchbook ink, Adobe ideas is perfect. All sketchbook pro produces is blurry messes!

trigf

Suspended
Jun 16, 2009
This is one of the apps I bought the iPad 3 for

And now, their website says, "Coming later this spring." If it's not out by the end of June, I suggest we all start looking for something different.

I can't believe Apple would demo the iPad with an app that wasn't nearly ready to go. At least with other companies, they've give solid (and quick) release dates for the apps they demonstrated. Sketchbook FAIL. :mad:

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
I'd suggest we all write to apple and complain to them for allowing those hacks to get on stage and boast about junk they can't make work on time. That way they'll reconsider letting just any idiot without integrity get on stage and demo a fake app, I love Apple and Autodesk doesn't belong in their category of respect and reliability enough to share a stage!

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
Write an email to tcook@apple.com and let's all tell him of Autodesk's shameful false advertisement and who knows maybe he'll light a fire under those slackers! I'm doing it!

madpencil

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
Are you really going to do this?post if Tim writes back;)

Yes, I'll post it if he replies. I wrote the email two days ago so we'll see. I'm sure it'll go into a junk mail folder or something. Whatever I still need to voice my opinion on garbage like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.