Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I don't have any affiliation with Griffin or Walmart. I thought some of you may be interested in the Survivor. The packaging says for the iPad2 and the New iPad.

It looks like a great case, just more bulk than I'm looking for.

Toby Ziegler

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Gallifrey
It is a great case for when you need tank levels of protection. I've got one for my iPad and one for my iPhone. If I know I'm going somewhere that I'll need the extra protection, my devices get locked in.

Otherwise, I use an Incase Magazine for the iPad and a BookBook for the iPhone.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I don't have any affiliation with Griffin or Walmart. I thought some of you may be interested in the Survivor. The packaging says for the iPad2 and the New iPad.

It looks like a great case, just more bulk than I'm looking for.

I have the Griffin Survivor & Otterbox Defender

I prefer the Defender.

creed16

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
I picked one up yesterday. I have the defender, but I just hate the bland color. I like the pink survivor and that is why I choose this case over the otterbox-the color was the deciding factor even though I believe the defender is probably a better choice in the long run.
And I hate the bulk it adds, but I use my iPad for entertainment for my 5 yr old on long car rides and trips with long waits at the airport. I would rather it be bulky then to have to worry
Now only if otterbox would add color choices for their defenders .

eta: update, I liked this case, but when it came time to charge it my cord would not fit in with the case on. Sadly, this case is going back. Otterbox is already back on as my cord fits fine with the otterbox on.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.