PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the Deft Detour 360?

Ry&EmsMom
Apr 17, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm still on the hunt for a case for my iPad. We were going to wait until Speck came out with their full line, but it seems like it's taking forever. So, now I'm looking for a different one. I have a friend who had the Deft Detour 360 for their iPad 2. I looked it up on Amazon and it has good reviews for the one they made for the new iPad. Unfortunately it only comes in black, but that's not a huge thing for me. Any reviews? Thanks!

ElDogman
Apr 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
I'm still on the hunt for a case for my iPad. We were going to wait until Speck came out with their full line, but it seems like it's taking forever. So, now I'm looking for a different one. I have a friend who had the Deft Detour 360 for their iPad 2. I looked it up on Amazon and it has good reviews for the one they made for the new iPad. Unfortunately it only comes in black, but that's not a huge thing for me. Any reviews? Thanks!

metagamers (aka psychonaut in this forum) has a youtube review of the Detour 360, but the iPad 2 version.

http://youtu.be/PM98X5QgEFE

not sure how much similar the new version is, but from pictures, the changes include a different type of texture on the faux leather (went from smooth to textured), and the removal of the elastic band.. to which I assume was a switch to a magnetic one.

as far as folios that could do landscape and portrait.. some other ones i've been reading about in addition to the Deft Detour 360: Joy Factory Folio360 III, Macally rotating folio, and i-blason executive folio case. they all really really range in price.. with the Joy factory being the most expensive, and the i-blason being the cheapest.