Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibo9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
Ok so along time ago I had a username that I used for sometime, but later my email connected to that user was stolen or something and i never was able to retrieve it. Thus, I created a new email and a new user, and that was my official username up to this moment.

I used that user to purchase apps for my ipad (I'm 100% sure that I used that user for these apps). However, few days ago I wanted to update some free apps on my ipad, and suddenly they force me to use my old username/email and have to enter the password for it! I never even had the ipad back when I used the old user!

I tried signing out (even though I saw that my right user was the signed in one) and signed in again thinking it might fix the problem, but nothing changed!

I double checked some apps on my itunes by going to the "get info" page and some of them were on my old user (i have no idea how the hell that happened) while others were on my new user. Yet, ipad asks for my old user's password for all the apps to be updated!!!

getting frustrated, and really really really hoping that I won't have to delete apps and install it again, because that's just closing my eyes on an ongoing issue that shows the crap apple puts us through!!

thank you for reading this long thread, lol.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
"because that's just closing my eyes on an ongoing issue that shows the crap apple puts us through!!"

I guess a lot of us don't agree.

Have you talked with anyone with Apple?

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Depending on when the apps were purchased. You're right, Apple is a pain in the ass with this. Old user name, new user name and two different passwords, including a seperate Apple ID. Never know what the hell I'm doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.