PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way of listening to music while you do something else?

jojoba
Apr 18, 2012, 12:08 AM
Youtube and Safari shut down the sound once you change to a different app. I haven't tried Spotify on my iPad because I have the version that doesn't support mobile devices. Does anyone know if upgrading my Spotify account will solve this? Or are there other ways of combining listening to music with e.g. reading a pdf on the iPad?

Ashwood11
Apr 18, 2012, 02:28 AM
I have no problem listening to music using the Apple Music App while cruising the Internet on Safari.

sally456
Apr 18, 2012, 03:03 AM
For playing Youtube, you can but you need to play the YouTube video, press home and it will stop, then just press the home button twice and there will be a YouTube icon with a play button next to it, tap it and then you can do anything while listening to it.
Besides, other apps you go to music and play it....then you just go to any app. But make sure the sound is off on the app your using. It may not work with some apps~

wizee
Apr 18, 2012, 06:36 AM
Youtube and Safari shut down the sound once you change to a different app. I haven't tried Spotify on my iPad because I have the version that doesn't support mobile devices. Does anyone know if upgrading my Spotify account will solve this? Or are there other ways of combining listening to music with e.g. reading a pdf on the iPad?

Check out the Pandora

Chundles
Apr 18, 2012, 06:51 AM
The Music app handles this just fine.

MacDawg
Apr 18, 2012, 06:56 AM
iheartradio or Slacker as well

jojoba
Apr 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
Great, thanks everyone! :) I'm going to test out your suggestions now.

Somehelpplease
Apr 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
InTune Radio works great in the background.

jojoba
Apr 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
For playing Youtube, you can but you need to play the YouTube video, press home and it will stop, then just press the home button twice and there will be a YouTube icon with a play button next to it, tap it and then you can do anything while listening to it.

This sounded like the perfect solution, but I can't make it work :( I can't see any play button.

chrf097
Apr 21, 2012, 09:22 PM
This sounded like the perfect solution, but I can't make it work :( I can't see any play button.

You should see something like this "I'm on iPhone so it looks smaller, but it's still the same interface. To access these controls you need to swipe to the left on the bar till you see them.

jojoba
Apr 23, 2012, 12:27 AM
You should see something like this "I'm on iPhone so it looks smaller, but it's still the same interface. To access these controls you need to swipe to the left on the bar till you see them.

Got it now :D I didn't swipe. Thanks for that.

sally456
Apr 24, 2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks chrf097's tips, :D
And glad you solved the problem :cool: