Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
If you check the official documentation , you will see nothing standard will fit your needs, or you add an image and center it on the view, but you cn't really manipulate the rest, but to be easy, and just, neat coding, create a custom cell :)

nathanlloyd

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2009
UK
If you check the official documentation , you will see nothing standard will fit your needs, or you add an image and center it on the view, but you cn't really manipulate the rest, but to be easy, and just, neat coding, create a custom cell :)

Just out of interest would you create your custom cell as a nib in Interface Builder or code it all?

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Just out of interest would you create your custom cell as a nib in Interface Builder or code it all?

Depends on the complication of the Cell.. But mostly I just go for the code, I just use the same code for iPad/iPhone, can do that with nibs too, but code is still faster as NIBs, even though you won't see it with the naked eye, but i like how everything just counts to speed the app up.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Are you saying a hand-coded custom cell is significantly faster than a NIB-based one?

I did some testing back in the days with massive rerendering of cells, and i had a slight faster rate with the custom made ones.
Not sure if it was just strange luck, i'm glad to listen to anything that could go against that. People are asking me all the time what is faster, NIB's vs hand coded views.
The amount of developing ofcourse is alot higher with Handcoded, but is processing XML (which NIB's are like you will know Dejo) + compiling the code faster then just coding it all the way?
I'm glad to hear about this (since it's something i'm constantly looking for too).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.