Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parliament30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Quick background, I started running into kernel panics while using flash player about a year ago. It started with Chrome and Chrome only and then eventually moved to Safari with the flash plugin.

I've always been able to run flash in windows without problem, but that came to an end yesterday when the machine bugged out while watching a youtube video. I've tried reinstalling OS X several times with no effect.

I've run memtest on my memory, which came up with nothing. I'm wondering if I should invest $30 to swap out both (2 GB total) ram modules.

Relevant info:
MacBook 1,1 2 GHz Core Duo
2 GB Ram
Snow Leopard (all updates applied)
Latest Flash Player
Hard Drive has good smart status

So... whaddya think? Is it likely the RAM? I'd like to keep this laptop kicking a while longer, but no flash is a no go.

Appreciate any insight/assistance!

3rduncle

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Exact same issue. Had it for a couple of months now.

Tried repairing disk permissions and, while it gives the message that they are repaired, when verified again I find that they still differ from what they should be. SMART report is fine.

YouTube is invariably the cause of these kernel panics which are happening almost daily.

Been searching on various forums and am interested to see what response you get here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.